Home page?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Home page?

Post by mouse_8b » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:03 pm

I have a fresh install of AC Gold R5. The Default.aspx that comes with it is just the default page made by Visual Studio:
This file is required by IIS so that your website can be accessed without a file name specified.

To edit your home page, log in to the merchant administration and go to Website > Webpages.

If you are seeing this message from the browser, you either haven't completed the web based installation for the application or something has been misconfigured.
According to the "Manage Webpages" page of the Admin section, I should be seeing
Hello and welcome to your store! To edit this text, log in to the merchant administration. From the menu bar, select Website > Webpages. Then you can edit the Home Page to modify this content.

[[ConLib:FeaturedProductsGrid]]
When I try to preview a theme or a page, I get Default.aspx that says the same thing quoted above.

Maybe this is related to the other problems that I am having? I don't know. I am confused though. Any idea as to what is going on here?

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Home page?

Post by jguengerich » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:18 pm

The information shown in the Admin section is in a the ac_Webpages table in the database. The home page that comes up in your browser is built by ASP.Net using a combination of the master pages, aspx files, themes, fields from the Webpages table, etc.
Jay

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Post by ForumsAdmin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:54 am

Apparently your installation did not go well. It it was all ok, you should have seen the default home page. The home page is a 'web page' defined in merchant admin. In a new installation the home page is already defined in the default data. The home page defined in the merchant admin is mapped to the Default.aspx URL. So whenever you come to Default.aspx, you see the page defined in the merchant admin. If you are seeing the default text, something is wrong with your setup.

mouse_8b
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mouse_8b » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:32 pm

I suspected that I had a botched installation. The installation directions are simple and straightforward, any idea on what settings I had wrong?