Checkout Custom Header Problem

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Checkout Custom Header Problem

Post by euroluxantiques » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 pm

We have a custom header that I want to use on my checkout pages. I have gone into Layouts/Fixed/Base.Master (because you can't modify the layout directly in admin) and changed the Header and Footer references to:

<%@ Register src="~/ConLib/Custom/StoreHeader.ascx" tagname="StoreHeader" tagprefix="uc" %>
<%@ Register src="~/ConLib/Custom/StoreFooter.ascx" tagname="StoreFooter" tagprefix="uc" %>

The custom footer is working fine. The header refuses to show up on the page, even though that header works everywhere else on the site. Does anyone have any guesses what the problem could be? Why would the footer work and not the header? Thanks for your help!

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Checkout Custom Header Problem

Post by jmestep » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:28 am

What version of Gold?
Also, did you do a view source in the browser to look for it? Maybe there is an html error.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by euroluxantiques » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:41 pm

It's R5, and it doesn't show up with Firebug. Works perfectly on all other pages and the custom footer shows up fine on the checkout pages. I was looking through the code in Checkout to see if they had the store header hard-coded to default or something, but I don't see the problem. You should be able to control the layouts of these pages in admin, as well.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:01 am

Checkout pages make use of Layouts/Fixed/Checkout.master which does have its own header and doesn't make use of standard header control. You need to update this master page adjust the header for checkout pages.

jcw2m
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by jcw2m » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:21 pm

I am trying to do something similar - add a footer that will only apply to checkout pages. The actual request is to use this footer on the payment page only but I don't see a reasonable approach for that.
Using: AbleCommerce Gold (build 5731)

I tried a few different approaches:
1. Add this to the Checkout layout file similar to how the header is done: <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="PageFooter" runat="server">. Add footer code with differences, again similar to how the header is done. This was not successful.

2. Create a copy of the Base Master under Layouts/Fixed. Reference a unique footer conlib from there. Update the Checkout layout file to use the unique Base master file. This also failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

tripleW

Post by tripleW » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 pm

The 2nd idea for the custom footer jcw2m posted works for me. Where did it fail?

jcw2m

Post by jcw2m » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:56 am

Maybe I am missing something in this. For the second option here I the steps I tried:

1. Copy Base.Master and Base.Master.cs
2. Rename them to BaseCheckout.Master and BaseCheckout.Master.cs
3. Change the first line in BaseCheckout.Master : <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="BaseCheckout.master.cs" Inherits="AbleCommerce.Layouts.Fixed.BaseCheckout" %>. Then change line three to: <%@ Register src="~/ConLib/StoreFooterCheckout.ascx" tagname="StoreFooterCheckout" tagprefix="uc" %>
4. Change the sixth line in BaseCheckout.Master.cs : public partial class BaseCheckout : System.Web.UI.MasterPage
5. Copy the Storefooter.ascx and Storefooter.ascx.cs files & rename as StoreFooterCheckout
6. Change the first line in StoreFooterCheckout.ascx :<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="StoreFooterCheckout.ascx.cs" Inherits="AbleCommerce.ConLib.StoreFooterCheckout" %>
7. Change the eleventh line in StoreFooterCheckout.ascx.cs : public partial class StoreFooterCheckout : System.Web.UI.UserControl, IFooterControl
8. Open Checkout.Master and change the first line : <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Layouts/Fixed/BaseCheckout.Master" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="Checkout.master.cs" Inherits="AbleCommerce.Layouts.Fixed.Checkout" %>

This results in an error when I attempt to checkout even with everything refreshed. I am stumped.

tripleW

Post by tripleW » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:35 pm

I did those same steps and I'm not getting any errors.

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Post by ForumsAdmin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:39 pm

This results in an error when I attempt to checkout even with everything refreshed. I am stumped.
What is the error. Please post details.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 am

You can get it all to work.. its just a pain.. Here is my test site for gold where I have been playing with a liquid layout and has custom header and footer on all pages. Please ignore the ugly mismatched color scheme..

http://65.181.126.121/Default.aspx

jcw2m

Post by jcw2m » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:25 am

We ended up going with a different solution/approach, but I will definitely review further when there is some down time. Thanks!!!!

rlopez
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by rlopez » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:43 am

I hope this is the right place to post this problem we have encountered. After creating a custom header and footer for our site we have found that when the site goes into SSL mode our custom CS settings fail. However the page still works with no errors other than just the layout fails and it still can be seen in a ugly way.
Here is the way the code was modified on the header.

Code: Select all

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="StoreHeader.ascx.cs" Inherits="AbleCommerce.ConLib.StoreHeader" %>
<%--
<conlib>
<summary>Displays the standard store header.</summary>
</conlib>
--%>
<%@ Register src="~/ConLib/Utility/SimpleSearch.ascx" tagname="SimpleSearch" tagprefix="uc" %>
<%@ Register src="~/ConLib/StoreLogo.ascx" tagname="StoreLogo" tagprefix="uc" %>
<meta id="p7PM3" name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
[u]<link href="Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3-01.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3scripts.js"></script>[/u]
You can view our site at http://www.boatingsolutions.com
You can see the problem first hand by clicking on the following links: Wishlist / Login / My Account
The problem appears to be with these two lines of code:

Code: Select all

<link href="Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3-01.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3scripts.js"></script>
I've tried several different ways listed below but still getting the incorrect cs layout.
../Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3-01.css
~/Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3-01.css
I would greatly appreciate any feedback on what I may be missing.

Rick L.
Rick L.
https://www.boatingsolutions.com
We make boat repair easy!

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:08 pm

When I use the browser's "View Source" option on my site, the css links just start with "/" (like "/App_Themes/......"). So maybe try "/Conlib/p7pm3/p7PM3-01.css".
Jay

rlopez

Post by rlopez » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 am

Thanks Jay for your input. We played with this for several days and found by adding all of our custom header scripts to the /App_Themes directory everything appears to be working on the custom header at this time when a page goes to SSL by a user.
Rick L.
https://www.boatingsolutions.com
We make boat repair easy!