AC7 to Gold upgrade error.

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
crockettdunn
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Re: AC7 to Gold upgrade error.

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:24 am

thanks, Judy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to copy the Tables' design from one database to another? I'm not a database expert, but my web host might have some comparison / cloning tools

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 am

I'm curious...did you try installing Gold and pointing to a (copy of) the AC7 database during the database configuration section of the install page? It will automatically recognize that it is an AC7 database and upgrade accordingly. We've been having good success with the upgrades since Gold has been around for over two years now. The only gotcha I know of is the maintenance bug from older versions of AC7. If you make sure you are working with a clean AC7 database, then it should upgrade without any problems.

As far as database comparison tools? We use this one - http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-de ... a-compare/
It's excellent and there is a 14 day free trial. We typically use it to re-sync the data, after upgrading an AC7 to Gold database, just before going live.

Hope this helps.
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:09 am

Yes, that is how I started, before moving on to trying the .SQL upgrade patch directly on the DB.

I did try manually killing off all the anonymous users (we get a lot of traffic), but I'll check the anon user maintenance bug. Maybe someone downgraded over the patch or something.

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:33 am

OK I've tried to run the update 4 times now. Here is an example of the type of errors I get (excluding the "column already exists" ones from the already-run upgrade).

Msg 1776, Level 16, State 0, Line 6
There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'ac_Products' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'ac_Products_ac_ProductProductTemplates_FK1'.
Msg 1750, Level 16, State 0, Line 6
Could not create constraint. See previous errors.
Msg 1776, Level 16, State 0, Line 5
There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'ac_ProductTemplates' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'ac_ProductTemplates_ac_ProductProductTemplates_FK1'.
Msg 1750, Level 16, State 0, Line 5
Could not create constraint. See previous errors.

Wait... I wonder if I lost ALL of the column properties based on the way I copied the DB (like I said in this or another post, I'm not a SQL expert). I'll try a straight backup/restore.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:27 am

This post might be helpful -

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7849

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:28 am

thanks, Katie. This looks encouraging!

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 am

Hmmm... I'm SQL 2008, dedicated servers. I think my problems were more fundamental how-to-use-SQL-tools. My original copy of the DB was made using the import/export wizard with windows authentication. Am I correct that the import/export wizard would lose all the constraints, identity properties, etc, but the backup/restore will NOT have the same problems?

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 am

On another topic- if I decide to give up on this, can I use the old dataport tool to create a flat file, then import using Gold's data exchange?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 am

You need to do a backup and restore of the database. Your hosting provider should be able to help you with this step. If not, a google search shows tons of helpful links to videos and documentation that describe the process.

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 am

I'm getting this failure again, and failure on the new, missing tax columns. I'll try to run the SQL scripts directly on the server.

Code: Select all

Server Error in '/' Application.

null id in CommerceBuilder.Catalog.Webpage entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: NHibernate.AssertionFailure: null id in CommerceBuilder.Catalog.Webpage entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)

Source Error: 

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace: 

[AssertionFailure: null id in CommerceBuilder.Catalog.Webpage entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)]
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.CheckId(Object obj, IEntityPersister persister, Object id, EntityMode entityMode) +267
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.GetValues(Object entity, EntityEntry entry, EntityMode entityMode, Boolean mightBeDirty, ISessionImplementor session) +95
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEntityEventListener.OnFlushEntity(FlushEntityEvent event) +139
   NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.FlushEntities(FlushEvent event) +448
   NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.FlushEverythingToExecutions(FlushEvent event) +292
   NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEventListener.OnFlush(FlushEvent event) +161
   NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush() +509
   CommerceBuilder.DomainModel.RepositoryWithTypedId`2.Save(TEntity item) +243

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +640
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +38
   System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +35
   Install_Upgrade.UpgradeButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1750
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1025

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:16 pm

this is encouraging, when running SQL scripts on the database. New errors. The first few appear to be for stuff that as already been added or dropped. The next ones, I'm guessing, are from custom indexes that I need to get rid of:

Msg 2705, Level 16, State 4, Line 13
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'IsBilling' in table 'ac_Addresses' is specified more than once.

(1618091 row(s) affected)
Msg 2705, Level 16, State 4, Line 3
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'CreatedDate' in table 'ac_BasketItems' is specified more than once.

(866 row(s) affected)
Msg 3728, Level 16, State 1, Line 11
'ac_CategoryParents_PK' is not a constraint.
Msg 3727, Level 16, State 0, Line 11
Could not drop constraint. See previous errors.

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)
Msg 5074, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
The index '_dta_index_ac_PageViews_6_178099675__K6_K2_K13_K3_1_4_5_7_8_9_10_11_12_14_15_16_17_18_9987' is dependent on column 'CatalogNodeTypeId'.
The index 'IX_ac_PageViews_StoreId_UserId_CatalogNodeTypeId' is dependent on column 'CatalogNodeTypeId'.
The index 'IX_ac_PageViews_CatalogNodeId_CatalogNodeTypeId' is dependent on column 'CatalogNodeTypeId'.
The index 'IX_ac_PageViews_CatalogNodeTypeId' is dependent on column 'CatalogNodeTypeId'.
Msg 4922, Level 16, State 9, Line 2
ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN CatalogNodeTypeId failed because one or more objects access this column.

(1555360 row(s) affected)
Msg 5074, Level 16, State 1, Line 10
The index '_dta_index_ac_Products_7_1861581670__K3_K42_K2_K13_K12_K1_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_14_15_16_17_18_19_20_21_22_23_24_25_26_27_28_29_30_' is dependent on column 'DisplayPage'.
The index 'IX_ac_Products_Price' is dependent on column 'DisplayPage'.
The index 'IX_ac_Products_Price_DisablePurchase' is dependent on column 'DisplayPage'.
The index 'IX_ac_Products_Price_VisibilityId' is dependent on column 'DisplayPage'.
Msg 4922, Level 16, State 9, Line 10
ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN DisplayPage failed because one or more objects access this column.
Msg 5074, Level 16, State 1, Line 7
The index '_dta_index_ac_Products_7_1861581670__K3_K42_K2_K13_K12_K1_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_14_15_16_17_18_19_20_21_22_23_24_25_26_27_28_29_30_' is dependent on column 'Theme'.
The index 'IX_ac_Products_Price' is dependent on column 'Theme'.
The index 'IX_ac_Products_Price_DisablePurchase' is dependent on column 'Theme'.
The index 'IX_ac_Products_Price_VisibilityId' is dependent on column 'Theme'.
Msg 4922, Level 16, State 9, Line 7
ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN Theme failed because one or more objects access this column.

(0 row(s) affected)
The index '_dta_index_ac_Users_6_709577566__K8_K16_K19_1_2_3_5_9_10_11_12_13_14_15_17_18_20_21_22_23_24_25_26_27' is dependent on column 'PrimaryAddressId'.
The statistics '_dta_stat_709577566_10_1' is dependent on column 'PrimaryAddressId'.
The statistics '_dta_stat_709577566_1_2_10' is dependent on column 'PrimaryAddressId'.
The index 'IX_ac_Users_StoreId_LoweredEmail_IsAnonymous' is dependent on column 'PrimaryAddressId'.
The index 'IX_ac_Users_StoreId_PrimaryAddressId_IsAnonymous' is dependent on column 'PrimaryAddressId'.
Msg 4922, Level 16, State 9, Line 7
ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN PrimaryAddressId failed because one or more objects access this column.

(1619010 row(s) affected)

(7423 row(s) affected)

(40 row(s) affected)

(86 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:36 pm

ugh. OK I killed all my custom indexes/stats until the SQL portion of the upgrade scripts could run completely. Then I tried the web upgrade again, and I got an error on configure1.aspx that I had the wrong version. I looked at the code and saw there was a check for a languages table that was added back during the SQL scripts (right?), so I went on to configure2.aspx. These ended with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." But the end-user view has a much friendlier error now:

This file is required by IIS so that your website can be accessed without a file name specified.

To edit your home page, log in to the merchant administration and go to Website > Webpages.

If you are seeing this message from the browser, you either haven't completed the web based installation for the application or something has been misconfigured."
Unfortunately, I restored a backup that didn't have SSL turned off, and I'm getting redirected to the live site's admin whenever I try that /admin directory. So I'm looking in the store settings table to see where to turn that off now...

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:47 pm

OH... and maybe kick me maybe not for this- I didn't have .Net45 installed, so I grabbed a web.config that indicated .Net40 from the frameworks directory before I started all of this upgrade work. I'm installing 4.5 now.

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 pm

So I'm stuck. Whenever I open my browser to the /admin URL, it redirects to the SSL login of the OLD (existing site's) admin URL, and when I browse to the home page, I get:

This file is required by IIS so that your website can be accessed without a file name specified.

To edit your home page, log in to the merchant administration and go to Website > Webpages.

If you are seeing this message from the browser, you either haven't completed the web based installation for the application or something has been misconfigured."

crockettdunn

Post by crockettdunn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:50 pm

OK I had to recycle the app pool and tell the store settings not to use the old theme. The site is kind of limping along now, as expected without my indexes added back yet. The recycle might have been all I needed to stop that redirect from happening (maybe it was read from the store settings before the new URL got configured?).

I'll be quiet for a few hours now while I tinker with templates.