SEO advice- in-house or hire out?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)

SEO advice- in-house or hire out?

Post by Brewhaus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 am

SEO is something that I used to have time for, but that seems to be a thing of the past. And, not having the time to stay up on SEO with Google's rather massive changes this year has dealt a blow to some of our more important (and more competitive keyword) rankings. We are in the process of upgrading to Gold R6, and I am wondering how others are approaching SEO. Hiring an SEO company can be very costly- nearly on par with hiring someone to handle it in-house (who could also handle Social Media marketing, etc.), but neither is a very low cost option.

With software like AC, where the user is generally very involved in the set up and operation, are most people taking the time to handle all of the SEO themselves, and if so, how well is it working for you? For those that are handling their own SEO and achieving high rankings, do you find that it is a never-ending battle to remain at the top of the search results, or is it minor tweaking here and there?

Ultimately, I am very interested in hearing how other users of AC are attacking SEO and Social Media marketing, and your results.
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot