Temporary/Cached Product Images Problem

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
euroluxantiques
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Temporary/Cached Product Images Problem

Post by euroluxantiques » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:35 pm

We have our product images on a separate image server. In the original version of Gold, you could not use a web link as a product image. So, I set up sym links and that worked somewhat. In R6, you can supposedly use web links as the product images, like you used to be able to do in the older versions of Able. However, it seems that either Able or the server is copying those images to the Assets folder, I suppose for caching purposes. When it does this, the sizing of the pictures is wrong. I have the pixel dimensions set to what I want in admin, but it does not seem to follow this when it copies these images over. It really messes up our product layout.

I have created a stored procedure in SQL to reset these links once per day, but I'm looking for a way to correct this problem or keep it from happening in the first place.

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Re: Temporary/Cached Product Images Problem

Post by ForumsAdmin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 am

I can confirm that Able isn't doing the copying to Assets folder. If you are using absolute URLs from other server, able will simply try to access that image directly.

However when you upload images they are placed in Assets folder. When uploading if you chose the option to generate thumbnails and icons these additional images are also created.