Using AbleCommerce Test Gateway

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
itnovator
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Using AbleCommerce Test Gateway

Post by itnovator » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:20 pm

I need to test our payment process, Try this scenario on R7 but stuck with it and do not know how to proceed:

1. Create a new payment method called "Test Payment".
2. Assign AbleCommerce Test Payment Gateway to this "Test Payment" method.
3. Use Credit Card from/widget as Test Payment form.

However, it turned out that the Test Payment was always declined...because it still tried to use our real payment gateway for validation...I do know that it is probably because I used credit card payment form as "Test Payment" form. But if I did not, I would not have a button to proceed the payment process... Any advise? I have to built a new from for "Test Payment" method?

I know I could assign AbleCommerce Test Payment Gateway to credit card and test. All I am doing is to create a test payment method which can be assign to one of user group. Whenever I want to test payment process pages, I can just turn this on. The method is actually recommended on AbleCommerce Guides.

Any idea? Thanks!

ForumsAdmin
AbleCommerce Moderator
AbleCommerce Moderator

Re: Using AbleCommerce Test Gateway

Post by ForumsAdmin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:13 pm

AbleCommerce test gateway can be configured to always accept, always reject, or randomly accept or reject transactions. Check your configuration of the test gateway.