Keep getting Object Reference errrors

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
VIPER7
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Keep getting Object Reference errrors

Post by VIPER7 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:38 am

I continue to struggle keeping my website up and running. Today, I continue getting object reference errors, and the way I am restoring access to the site is by recycling the app pool. Any insight or ideas here?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error) +262
System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb) +95
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +186

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18446

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Keep getting Object Reference errrors

Post by Katie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:34 am

The first thing I would check is your activity log to make sure maintenance isn't the issue. Go to Configure > Store > Page Tracking using the top menu. In the top section, you will see the Configure Page Tracking options. What are your settings here?

Also, in the top-right section, you will see the Current Log. How many records are there?

From the Configure > Store > Maintenance page, what are you settings in the Anonymous User maintenance section?

In the section just below, there is a CHECK DATABASE button. How many records are currently shown?

Also, what build of Ablecommerce are you using?
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

VIPER7
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by VIPER7 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Katie,

I would love to do this. However, I am currently unable to login to my website. :( I posted another thread about this. I am currently and seamingly unable to perform any activity on the website that requires access to the database, other than read only (as if the database was in some form of read only mode). Any ideas?

rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by rmaweb » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:15 am

I think I had a similar problem accessing the site on my 7.0.6 site when my database quota was filled. My suggestion would be check your hosting account to see how much db space you have left?
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3