Is it possible to add a completely custom webpage with code?

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
VIPER7
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Is it possible to add a completely custom webpage with code?

Post by VIPER7 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Due to the lack of some (previously available in AC) basic / simple functionality in Able Commerce Gold, I am looking to develop a custom webpage that displays newly added products to our site, which would span the entire width of the site and not just in a side pane. Is it possible to add .NET code anywhere on any provided module within the AC Gold admin framework? Or is this going to be a completely separate and custom project?

There is a field in the ac_Products table named "CreatedDate" and I am just looking to display products in a row style format added within the last 30 days sorted by CreatedDate (newest date first). It would display the product thumbnail in a left cell and the product description (linkable to the full size display), price, Custom HTML etc. in a wider right cell.

Does this sound too awfully complex? What am I looking at to achieve this (previously available in AC) functionality?

rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Is it possible to add a completely custom webpage with code?

Post by rmaweb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Hello viper. I will work on creating the conlib for you tomorrow morning when I'm at work. Either tomorrow or Saturday I will post the files for you to download.
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3

VIPER7
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by VIPER7 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm

That would be great! I'm not too awfully savvy when implementing code so may need a little guidance on how to implement it as well. None the less, your efforts will be immensely appreciated! Thank you!

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:32 am

Based on other threads, it sounds like you got what you want with R8, but in general, yes, you can add completely custom web pages. I usually just start with an existing one and rename/refactor it to make sure all the menus, master pages, etc. get included properly. You could add a link, button, or menu item to the existing page(s) to get to it, or just type in the path.
Jay

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:20 am

VIPER7 wrote:Due to the lack of some (previously available in AC) basic / simple functionality in Able Commerce Gold, I am looking to develop a custom webpage that displays newly added products to our site, which would span the entire width of the site and not just in a side pane. Is it possible to add .NET code anywhere on any provided module within the AC Gold admin framework? Or is this going to be a completely separate and custom project?

There is a field in the ac_Products table named "CreatedDate" and I am just looking to display products in a row style format added within the last 30 days sorted by CreatedDate (newest date first). It would display the product thumbnail in a left cell and the product description (linkable to the full size display), price, Custom HTML etc. in a wider right cell.

Does this sound too awfully complex? What am I looking at to achieve this (previously available in AC) functionality?
All you need is to have a ConLib user control. Then you can create a webpage from within admin panel and have one column layout for it. Finally in webpage content put the conlib include for your user control. We added a control to list new products with configurable days to look for in Gold R8. Its called WhatsNewDialog in R8.