Error trying to change encryption key

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Error trying to change encryption key

Post by jguengerich » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 am

Using Gold R5:
Friday I tried to change the encryption key for our store (Security->Security->Encryption Key). I typed in a random string of text and clicked the Change Encryption Key button. I got the following error:
2014-08-15 16:55:09,631 ERROR AbleCommerce An error has occured at https://***.***.***/Admin/Store/Security/EncryptionKey.aspx
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CommerceBuilder.Configuration.EncryptionKeyManager.SetEncryptionKey(String passPhrase)
at AbleCommerce.Admin._Store.Security._EncryptionKey.UpdateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
I reloaded the page, and it said it was processing, but no progress was shown, even after a long wait. I cancelled it and tried again, and this time there wasn't an error and it said it finished. However, I had to re-enter my CyberSource configuration info and my UPS and FedEx info (which I kind of expected; I have a custom tax provider that doesn't need config info). Does anyone know what would cause the error above? I have changed the key before and didn't have any problems.
Jay