Implementation of StoreID

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
chemistrudy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Implementation of StoreID

Post by chemistrudy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:09 am

Hi All,

Is there an implementation for utilizing storeID to operate multiple storefronts from the same db?

We have a category of products that would be better suited to a totally different theme, information webpages, etc for the user experience, but we are thinking that we would like to use the same backend (particularly credit card processing). It is a piece of cake to change the theme and header footers (with IHeaderControl, etc), but then when customers arrive in the checkout pages, I think I'm limited to one header option. Is this correct?

We haven't started down a path yet to achieve this goal, so any advise in this direction would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rudy

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Implementation of StoreID

Post by mazhar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:07 am

No, We don't support multiple store from single install. I am not sure about your second question about checkout header, I think you are talking about personalization of checkout process? In this case yes checkout pages are common and can't be product/category specific.