Webpages not in Mobile

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
kwikstand
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Webpages not in Mobile

Post by kwikstand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:37 pm

I just notice that Webpages do not have a mobile version. When accessed via mobile, the regular page displays and the URL appends ?FSIntent=true

Is this how AC is supposed to work? (R8)
Contractor's Solutions
www. contractors-solutions.net

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Webpages not in Mobile

Post by Katie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:53 am

The mobile pages specifically address a page layout and/or design change that will make viewing on a mobile device easier to navigate or use. I'm guessing that a webpage can't really be designed differently to work with mobile since the content portion is coming from the database and the merchant doesn't have separate webpages to design for mobile and std. desktop.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

Chris Hadden
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Webpages not in Mobile

Post by Chris Hadden » Fri May 27, 2016 6:20 am

I just noticed this issue also. We have a number of web pages such as "contact us" "FAQ" and these are not shown in the mobile version at all. What is the work around for this?

I had not even noticed they were not displayed before but they were showing up in the google web master screen as pages that needed to be fixed for mobility issues. There are not that many of them but I think it may be a concern if google is penalizing you because these pages do not have a mobile counterpart.

The mobile product pages render correctly, it seems to me if you could essentially create a product listing that did not show an image or quantity box or add to cart button. but allowed a title, summary and description you could use that in place of a web page. The link to these "informational pages" would then be shown in the mobile category list. Just a thought not sure how easy that would be to alter