Coupon Code Handling

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Coupon Code Handling

Post by rmaweb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:28 am

Hello Fellow Able users.

I am having a problem with my catalog. When a user checks out and on the Payment page tries to enter a coupon code, it gets accepted, but the BasketTotalSummary conlib doesn't get updated. The coupon code accepted message appears, and it does get used, since if you load the Payment page again, it will show up in the BasketTotalSummary as being used. However, this has caused me to fail from Google Shopping Promotions as the totals display doesn't get updated. I have customized the layout of the page, by moving around the different pieces, but I haven't changed any of the core code or logic. I have looked at my code, the vanilla code, and the source code for when the coupon is applied and I can't see anywhere that the BasketTotalSummary is supposed to get updated when the coupon code is applied.

Can anybody help me identify where the update is supposed to happen?

Thank you for your time,
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Coupon Code Handling

Post by mazhar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:40 am

Page_PreRender method of ConLib/Checkout/BasketTotalSummary.cs file should be updating the summary information.

rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Coupon Code Handling

Post by rmaweb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:33 am

Found it! I had moved the BasketTotalSummary conlib outside of the PaymentAjax UpdatePanel. After doing a lot of research and looking around all over the place I finally realized that that is what was causing my problem.
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3