Help with Review Collection Code on Receipt Page

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
jill224
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Help with Review Collection Code on Receipt Page

Post by jill224 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:00 am

Hi all,

We recently signed up for ShopperApproved.com, a review collection service and I need to be able to insert their code in the body of our Receipt page to begin collecting reviews after checkout.

I have tried inserting their provided javascript code on several different places in the Receipt.aspx file without any success. From what I understand, if the code is inserted correctly there should be a pop-up with option to place a review. I either get no result at all or an error code that breaks the page. I am not sure exactly what would be the correct place to insert this javascript code to ensure it is included within the body tags for the page and functions properly.

I was hoping someone could help me out with this or offer any suggestions for the best way to get this code implemented and working on the receipt page. It needs to only be on the Receipt page that shows immediately after order is placed. I imagine someone has some similar experience working with this or other review company's such as BizRate, TrustPilot, etc. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Help with Review Collection Code on Receipt Page

Post by rmaweb » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:21 am

What are the installation instructions? I'd rather not have to sign-up for the service to see what they are. Some people want their javascript files inserted at the beginning or end of the <body> section, so that may help out in determining this.
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3

jill224

Post by jill224 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks for looking into this! These are the exact instructions provided:

The following code needs to be placed in the body of their Thank You / Confirmation page. (The Thank You / Confirmation page is the page that customers go to right after they make a purchase. It usually says “Thank You For Your Order” on it.)

------------------ Copy the code below this line ------------------

<!-- Shopper Approved Thank You Code --> <script type="text/javascript"> var sa_values = { “site":---- }; function saLoadScript(src) { var js = window.document.createElement("script"); js.src = src; js.type = “text/javascript”; document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(js); } var d = new Date(); if (d.getTime() – 172800000 > 1421076664000) saLoadScript("//www.shopperapproved.com/thankyou/rate/-----.js"); else saLoadScript("//direct.shopperapproved.com/thankyou/rate/13699.js?d=” + d.getTime()); </script> <!--/Shopper Approved Thank You Code -->

------------------ Copy the code above this line ------------------

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 am

Copy the below script at Receipt.aspx above the checkoutPage div:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript">
   var sa_values = { "site": 13699 };
   function saLoadScript(src) {
   var js = window.document.createElement("script"); 
   js.src = src; js.type = "text/javascript"; 
   document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(js); 
} 
   var d = new Date(); 
   if (d.getTime() - 172800000 > 1421076664000) 
   saLoadScript("//www.shopperapproved.com/thankyou/rate/13699.js");
   else 
   saLoadScript("//direct.shopperapproved.com/thankyou/rate/13699.js?d=" + d.getTime());
</script>
Hope it will work.

rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by rmaweb » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 am

Yeah try nadeem's code, just make sure you substitute the values for the site id with the site ID you should have gotten from Shopper Approved.

var sa_values = { "site": 13699 };
saLoadScript("//www.shopperapproved.com/thankyou/rate/13699.js");
saLoadScript("//direct.shopperapproved.com/thankyou/rate/13699.js?d=" + d.getTime());
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3

jill224

Post by jill224 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:49 am

Thank you both so much for your replies. I was able to get this to work right away using nadeem's instructions. I really appreciate the help!

kwikstand
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by kwikstand » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:51 am

I am looking into using Shopper Approved also, but I want to use Product Reviews as well as Merchant Reviews. Anybody know how to integrate Product Reviews?

Any help wold be appreciated,

Scott
Contractor's Solutions
www. contractors-solutions.net