Drop Shipping - ac_VendorGroups

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
mbartens
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Drop Shipping - ac_VendorGroups

Post by mbartens » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:08 am

I need to have an email sent to specific shippers based on the zone.

I figured I'd start by creating a vendor and associating it to a product. Then I figured I'd associate the vendor to a group. I haven't gotten any further than that.
I know there is a table that associates a vendor to a group (ac_VendorGroups) but where is the admin functionality that populates this?
May

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Drop Shipping - ac_VendorGroups

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:39 am

Hello May,

Vendor groups was something was added for future functionality, but the feature wasn't ever moved forward as no one asked for the function to be improved. By zone shipping notifications will require customization. Please provide more details about your requirements and one of our developers can suggest some ideas on the approach.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:46 am

Ok thank you. What I need to do is associate certain people "shippers" to specific zone ranges. When an item is purchase an email is sent to that "shipper"
I think what I need to do then is create a UserToZone table and when an order is placed, and look at the OrderPlaced Event in the source and see what I can do there.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:03 am

Hello May,

Are all products available from all shippers? Since users can change their address, you'd be safer making the association to the order itself.

Please try to provide as much detail as possible on how, what, where, when and why so that our developers are able to make a good suggestion. It's still not real clear (to me) as to the goals of the customization.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:09 am

Yes, all products are available from all shippers.
When I say UserToZone it's actually more like "Shipper" to zone. Think of a "Shipper" as just a person assigned to process orders from a certain Zone.

I do want to use the ac_Users table functionality to store the Shippers so I'm thinking I may even create another group to distinguish who they are.

I'm getting ahead of myself though - I'm still trying to set up my solution/ project in Visual studio. Any chance you could point me in the right direction for that? Thanks!
May