Subscription Enrollment Trigger

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
mbartens
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Subscription Enrollment Trigger

Post by mbartens » Fri May 01, 2015 9:51 am

I'd like customers to receive a specific email upon purchasing a subscription product. I see that there is a subscription email but I don't see any event triggers relating to subscriptions. TIA!
May

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Subscription Enrollment Trigger

Post by Naveed » Sat May 02, 2015 3:54 am

You can configure the subscription enrollment email from the "Administration > Configure > Store > Subscriptions" page (~/admin/store/subscriptions.aspx). After enabling the recurring order subscriptions feature you will be able to configure the email template used for subscription enrollment.

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:54 am

I wasn't getting the enrollment email in my modified copy so I tried this on my clean modification free copy.

Upon placing an order for a subscription, I receive the regular order confirmation, no enrollment email.
I logged in as an admin, set the subscription to active (it was not checked), and saved it. Did not receive an enrollment email.
May

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:13 am

I submitted this as a bug and am anxiously awaiting a response (as is the client). Thanks!
May

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:59 am

Are you using the Authorize.NET CIM gateway for subscriptions purchase? Is there any error log entry? I just tested Gold R10 with the AuthNet CIM gateway and received the enrollment notification upon subscription purchase.

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:39 am

Hi,
No, this is on our Dev site so I'm using the AbleComm Gateway. There are no errors in the error log.
May

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:54 am

If an order is placed via Authorize.Net CIM gateway, then the email will be received correctly. However, if some gateway other than Authorize.Net CIM is used, the subscription enrollment email isn't working.

Authorize.Net CIM is the gateway designed for the RO subscriptions feature to automatically process payments for subsequent generated orders. But the subscription emails shouldn't dependent on this gateway.

This seems to be a bug. I am going to log this issue for further investigation. In the meanwhile you can use Authorize.Net gateway (Test Gateway, Test Mode) for your testing.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:20 am

Thank you. The client doesn't have a merchant account yet. I added the Authorize.Net CIM and saved it without a Merchant Login or Transaction key.
Upon checking out I get this error. Is this because I don't have a merchant login yet?

There was a problem processing your payment: The element 'createTransactionRequest' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd' has invalid child element 'transactionRequest' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd'. List of possible elements expected: 'merchantAuthentication' in namespace 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd'.
May

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:58 am

Yes, you need Merchant Login and Transaction key to configure Authorize.Net CIM gateway to make it work correctly. You can create a sandbox account for testing from https://developer.authorize.net/sandbox/.

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:35 am

FYI: If you have standard Authorize.Net account, that same account will work for the CIM gateway as well. If you don't have one, you can signup for new sandbox account and use the API Login ID and Transaction Key given at Account > Settings > Security Settings > General Settings > API Login ID and Transaction Key.

mbartens

Post by mbartens » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:03 am

Thank you. I'm still having some trouble with this. I created an Authorize.Net Sandbox Account. I have my API Login ID and Transaction Key. I can order a regular product, no problem.
The subscription is "Ecommerce Magazine Subscription".

I've tried creating both the Authorize.Net gateway and the Authorize.Net CIM gateway with these settings:
Test Gateway, Live Mode
Test Gateway, Test Mode

When I order a subscription product I get the confirmation but not the enrollment email, even after I capture the payment in the admin.
May

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:29 am

You will not receive the enrollment notification for classic subscriptions like "Ecommerce Magazine Subscription". This is only supported and designed for new recurring subscription feature. You can test subscription enrollment email using the "Recurring Shipments" subscription in sample data. You have to use Authorize.Net CIM gateway in Test Gateway, Test Mode for testing.

For more information about recurring orders, you can read here http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedproj ... ttings.htm.

Hope this helps.