ShipStation Feature Request and Bug Report

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
rmaweb
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

ShipStation Feature Request and Bug Report

Post by rmaweb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 am

Hello Everyone,

I am creating this as a running features request topic and bug report. Just to get it out of the way first, I love being able to use the integration and shaving over 10 hours a week off of having to create labels and then track them. As one of the first ( of hopefully many :) ) 3rd party integrations besides payment/tax gateways, this is a great first step.

Feature Requests:
1) Get rid of Mashape Authorization. If this is something that is not required anymore then it doesn't make sense to keep it.
2) Is it worth creating a store integration so that Ablecommerce can become a selling channel on Shipstation? This way you can stay in Shipstation and just click the refresh button to load new orders into the system, and then sync the shipments?
2A) Or, instead of changing the integration around from an API setup to a Custom Store Integration, is there a way to specify in the Ablecommerce admin in the ShipStation settings page to automatically publish orders that match a certain criteria every xx minutes and automatically sync tracking numbers every xx hours? And also keep the other two pages just for when someone needs to manually do the work on an order. This way the flexibility of the API is retained, but the ease of use is expanded upon.

Bug Reports:
1) Error when trying to publish an order to shipstation that has a free product and international address. If someone else is able to reproduce this that would be great.
2) When a new shipment is added to an order that has been published to shipstation, don't republish both the new shipment and the old shipment(s). Right now both the shipment that has already shipped and the new shipment are getting sent to Shipstation, so I have to cancel the old one(s) in shipstation each time.

Not sure if bug or feature request:
1) Tracking numbers. I use shipping methods that are not live rates from USPS or UPS for domestic orders and "live rates" for international orders. I was able to map those methods in Shipstation to create automated rules and matching to real shipping methods. I do however have the USPS and UPS carriers on my ablecommerce site as shipping gateways. When syncing orders with ablecommerce, the tracking number carries over, but not the carrier info. So the tracking number is not a clickable link on either the frontend or backend. Is this something that can be modified when syncing orders, or is this something that requires a different approach?
1A) For example, when taking the tracking number from shipstation, also match up the carrierCode from Shipstation with the corresponding gateway in Ablecommerce. If carrierCode == stamps_com or express_1 or endicia then map it to USPS, if carrierCode == UPS map to UPS, and so on for the different supported gateways in Ablecommerce.
Ryan A.
Scott's Bait and Tackle
http://store.scottsbt.com
Work In Progress
Able Gold R10
Bootstrap 3.3

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: ShipStation Feature Request and Bug Report

Post by nadeem » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:45 am

First of all, thank you very much for your detailed overview and valuable findings. I am sorry we didn't able to respond you due to our tight schedule. Let me try to answer some of your questions:
1) Get rid of Mashape Authorization. If this is something that is not required anymore then it doesn't make sense to keep it.
We already have this fixed for upcoming Gold R11.
1) Error when trying to publish an order to shipstation that has a free product and international address. If someone else is able to reproduce this that would be great.
I am not able to reproduce the issue. Can you please provide more details. Probably error log entry may help to figure this out.
2) When a new shipment is added to an order that has been published to shipstation, don't republish both the new shipment and the old shipment(s). Right now both the shipment that has already shipped and the new shipment are getting sent to Shipstation, so I have to cancel the old one(s) in shipstation each time.
Yes, this is the bug. Already published shipment shouldn't be republished. I just created the bug in our tracking system to investigate and fix.
1) Tracking numbers. I use shipping methods that are not live rates from USPS or UPS for domestic orders and "live rates" for international orders. I was able to map those methods in Shipstation to create automated rules and matching to real shipping methods. I do however have the USPS and UPS carriers on my ablecommerce site as shipping gateways. When syncing orders with ablecommerce, the tracking number carries over, but not the carrier info. So the tracking number is not a clickable link on either the frontend or backend. Is this something that can be modified when syncing orders, or is this something that requires a different approach?
1A) For example, when taking the tracking number from shipstation, also match up the carrierCode from Shipstation with the corresponding gateway in Ablecommerce. If carrierCode == stamps_com or express_1 or endicia then map it to USPS, if carrierCode == UPS map to UPS, and so on for the different supported gateways in Ablecommerce.
Apparently, it seems that If you have configured the shipping gateway and the shipping methods are assigned, this should work as expected. However, we will investigate this further.

Regrading other feature requests, you can always submit it through user voice i.e. https://ablecommerce.uservoice.com/

Thanks again.