Unexpected error in registration (ProviderError)

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
ImmortalLogic
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by ImmortalLogic » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:12 pm

We are in the testing phase of the recent install of Gold 10. We are verifying that the user registration option works. However, when we attempt to register an account/create an account, we receive this error:

Since there has been no customization of the store yet, I am not sure why we are receiving this error. It seems as if the database registers the account with username but a password is not created. If I attempt to search the passwords table, the user is not available. Is there a fix or work around for this before I try to correct this issue on my own. I assumed that this would already be working. I saw a post about this issue for AbleCommerce 7.0 but not sure why we have this issues in Gold 10.

Another issue is that when you attempt to log in, sometimes it does nothing at all. Does not let you know if password is incorrect or anything. I enter my assigned email address, even modified/reset the password through the database but when entering my log in information and hitting the sign in button, nothing happens.

Do you know what might be causing this?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Unexpected error in registration (ProviderError)

Post by Katie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:46 am

I'm never seen an error like this. Are you certain that this install is not using a 3rd-party plugin for user registration?

A better error message would certainly help. Please look in the \app_data\app.log and post the full details of the error.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

ImmortalLogic
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by ImmortalLogic » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:47 am

Hello Katie

This is what I pulled from the log.
We only installed what was included in the AbleCommerce 10 Gold package so no third party.

I cannot log in (even after changing the password) and cannot create a new account.

2015-09-14 13:45:01,904 ERROR AbleCommerce An error has occured at https://www.oursite.com/cart/Login.aspx
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CommerceBuilder.Users.User.a(UserGroup A_0)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at CommerceBuilder.Users.User.IsInRole(ICollection`1 roleNames)
at AbleCommerce.ConLib.LoginDialog.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)3:00 PM 9/14/2015
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

The only major issue that I have found is moving our database (created with AbleCommerce 7.0.7) to version Gold 10. This has been a pain since the import wizard option is not a smooth process.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:20 am

The only major issue that I have found is moving our database (created with AbleCommerce 7.0.7) to version Gold 10. This has been a pain since the import wizard option is not a smooth process.
Can you clarify this please? Does this install use an upgraded AC 7.0.7 database? What 'import wizard option' are you referring to?
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

ImmortalLogic
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by ImmortalLogic » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:33 am

Disregard. we were working with the wrong version of AbleCommerce 7.0.1 instead of 7.0.7. We are now trying to upgrade to 7.0.3. Thanks I think we are okay now.