Cant login to admin

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
ettman8
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Cant login to admin

Post by ettman8 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:09 pm

I have taken on an existing AB site from someone else and have setup the site on my local machine and one of our staging servers.

Everything works perfectly on my local dev and is behaving as expected however staging does the following.

When I go to /admin/login.aspx and fill in my credentials and submit it reloads the page but doesnt login. (I dont get an invalid credentials message either)
If I fill in the same creds a few times it eventually redirects back to the homepage of the site and shows me the "Edit page" buttons at the bottom of the screen (Indicating I am logged in)
When I click on the button to go edit the page it just throws me back to the login page and we get stuck doing that over and over.

- Both the staging site and my local dev run on a self signed SSL certificate.
- Staging also has realm authentication on to make sure its not indexes by a search bot by mistake
- I never get locked out of the account so I know the username and password I use is correct
- I have tried to enable demo mode to see if it relates to the license in any way no dice
- I have checked the log files and dont see any error messages
- I have turned the logging up to DEBUG and havent seen any helpfull messages
- I have read lots of "Login redirect" titled posts on the forum but nothing has helped sofar
- I have run a file diff between staging and my dev and they look identical bar the indexes and a few config settings that relate to file paths.

Any guidence will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Cant login to admin

Post by Naveed » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:15 am

This sounds strange behavior!

Try using some other browser or clear the cookies and try again. Also please confirm that you can create new customer accounts, and login to those accounts without any issues?

ettman8
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Cant login to admin

Post by ettman8 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi Naveed,
I think I managed to solve my issue.
I tried to turn on IIS Anonymous authentication before to see if that would fix my problem but when I tested it before it didnt. (Turn off realm authentication)
I NOW realize that When I tried to turn off realm authentication before I did it at the web root level.
When I revisited it again I realised it had written a seperate web.config file in the /admin dir.
So when I turned it off before I only did it for the pages in "/" not "/admin/"

So to recap.
I went back again and turned on anonymous authentication for the /admin dir and it all started working :)
Thank you for your help