Missing report : Product breakdown

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Missing report : Product breakdown

Post by compunerdy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Gold is missing this report that was in 5 and 7. Can someone update the report files to work with gold?

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Missing report : Product breakdown

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello,

The forums are for questions about AbleCommerce GOLD setup, development and operation. Feature request should be made using the following procedure.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/index.htm# ... _bug2_.htm

Pretty much click the feedback tab in the admin in AbleCommerce GOLD and put in the feature request.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:28 am

The report isn't missing. It is called Sales by Product now.

Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks again Katie. By looking on your website I can see it looks like the correct report. Not sure how I missed it but it evidently is one of the reports I cannot run as it times out every time I try. Is there some way to increase the timeout?

EDIT: Looks like this issue was brought up before.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=18461&hilit=increase+timeout

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 am

Your welcome Tim.

I believe that the default date range is for the current month. Are you getting a timeout with Nov sales, or did you change the data range?

Thanks,
Katie

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 am

I increased the timeout to 7200 as suggested in another thread.. am I wrong in thinking that is 2 hours?? Anyways after about 5 minutes it finally loaded the data for November. Something is definitely wrong with this report and how long it takes.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:46 am

We made improvements to all of the reports a few versions back and since then, no one else has reported any issues.

You may want to consider running SQL Profiler and Database Tuning Wizard to see what performance recommendations are available. We've seen DTW make a huge impact of all aspects of site speed with some Able sites.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:01 am

Pretty sure I do not have access to run those since I am using express version.

Joe reported the issue in R10. Can you verify the improvements where after that?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 am

Code: Select all

Joe reported the issue in R10
Unfortunately, it didn't get officially submitted as a bug report. So, the issue still exists for R10 and R11. I found the update in R10 that must have created the performance issue. It is when we added a feature to show discounts and coupons in the Sales by Product report.

I just re-opened the issue so someone in development can take another look at the query.

Thanks,
Katie

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Trying to modify the R11 report to extend the timeout and it is not working for some reason. I changed the code to this..

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Server.ScriptTimeout = 7200;
            if (!Page.IsPostBack)
And it is still timing out after about 30 seconds. I must be overlooking something obvious.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Update.. If I run the report and set it for a month it loads in seconds but if I select a vendor it times out.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi Tim,

Did you ever install the Service Release for Gold R11? I pretty sure this issue was fixed in our last update.

http://help.ablecommerce.com/index.htm# ... ld_r11.htm

Please let me know. I'm curious if the Vendor selection is a problem. I don't see it mentioned in the details of the bug report.

Thanks,
Katie

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Yes I did. Once I select a vendor it kicks out this error. I stripped out the URL structure.

An error has occured at https://*****SalesByProduct.aspx 
 Exception: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack Trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.admin_reports_salesbyproduct_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\ca4c3d4f\bb83aadd\App_Web_pglihuta.14.cs:line 0 at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) Inner Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() at AbleCommerce.Admin.Reports.ProductBreakdown.ProcessButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\********\SalesByProduct.aspx.cs:line 91 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) Inner Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() at AbleCommerce.Admin.Reports.ProductBreakdown.ProcessButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\******\SalesByProduct.aspx.cs:line 91 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) Inner Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() at AbleCommerce.Admin.Reports.ProductBreakdown.ProcessButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\*****SalesByProduct.aspx.cs:line 91 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) Inner Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() at AbleCommerce.Admin.Reports.ProductBreakdown.ProcessButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\******\Reports\SalesByProduct.aspx.cs:line 91 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 

EDIT.. this only happens to one vendor. I only have 4 vendors and 3 I can select fine but the 4th produces the error. I do not see any difference in the vendors except the one that errors out has products with " in the names. But these items show up before I select a vendor just fine so I doubt that is the issue.

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:10 am

The exception above can be thrown if you select some invalid from/to date. For example, if you have mistakenly entered 3/3/20151 or 3/3/201 in the from text box manually (without using the built-in calendar control), then you will ended up with an exception. I am sure this might not be in your case but just a by the way.

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:15 am

Just noticed you have figured that out in another thread. That's great.