UPS is not calculating shipping for business addresses

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

UPS is not calculating shipping for business addresses

Post by meer2005 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:20 am

Customers are unable to checkout if the Business address box is checked and that is the only method shipping assigned to product. They see the following error: There has been a problem obtaining a shipping quote for the address provided. Also seeing this error in the admin:

Error obtaining rate quote for shipping method 'Ground Shipping'.
Exception: Root element is missing. Stack Trace: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.SendRequestToProvider(XmlDocument request, String url) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.GetAllProviderShipRateQuotes(Warehouse origin, Address destination, IList`1 contents) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.GetShipRateQuote(Warehouse origin, Address destination, IList`1 contents, String serviceCode) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.ShippingProviderBase.GetShipRateQuote(IShipment shipment, String serviceCode) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.ShipMethod.GetShipRateQuote(IShipment shipment)

AbleCommerce for ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.90.8302
Release Label: GoldR10

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: UPS is not calculating shipping for business addresses

Post by Katie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:54 am

What is the Warehouse origin city and zip code and the destination city and zip? I'll give it a test and see what happens.

Also, please confirm that the product has a weight entered.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by meer2005 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:02 pm

WHS - KC, MO 64101

DST: HARKER HEIGHTS, TX 76548

Seems to be working now, but have a list of errors going back 3 hours. It was any address that had business address checked. Is there anyway to allow the customer to checkout even with the ship quote fails? As it is now, checkout is not possible if the quote fails.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 pm

I don't know that the shipping quotes failed because it was a business address or that UPS servers were unavailable. Can you look in your log file and see if there are any errors? If UPS servers were unavailable, then you would see errors like 'Service Unavailable'. If this were an issue with Business -vs- Residential, then I would suspect a code problem.

Currently, there is no way to provide a by-pass on shipping. I see a lot of customers offer different shipping services like UPS and USPS. But that can be inconvenient if you don't want to ship one way or the other. Personally, I think these big companies should have fail-over servers in case their services are interrupted, but in the mean-time there isn't a lot you can do except write a customization that would allow free shipping if there were no other methods available.

Please let me know about the errors.

Katie

meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by meer2005 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 pm

The only error in the logs are these:

Error obtaining rate quote for shipping method 'Ground Shipping'.

Exception: Root element is missing. Stack Trace: at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.SendRequestToProvider(XmlDocument request, String url) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.GetAllProviderShipRateQuotes(Warehouse origin, Address destination, IList`1 contents) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.GetShipRateQuote(Warehouse origin, Address destination, IList`1 contents, String serviceCode) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.ShippingProviderBase.GetShipRateQuote(IShipment shipment, String serviceCode) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.ShipMethod.GetShipRateQuote(IShipment shipment)

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:37 am

The error might indicate a problem with the XML data, but I can't explain why it suddenly stopped working and then started working again. Keep an eye on things and let us know if it happens again.

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:22 am

I think it was a UPS system-side error. We experienced this same error a couple of times yesterday morning. We have a very low volume site, so it only happened twice, at about 8:45 and 9:00. We also offer FedEx, so the customer just chose a FedEx option.
Jay

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by AbleMods » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:55 am

We've got a client with the exact same problem. Started yesterday they said.

UPS is all they do, so they can't get any orders and it's a panic moment for them. I can't even get shipping estimator to give me rates. Here is a send and response entry.

Looks like data is coming through. Did they change the format for some reason??
Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>01</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Toms River</City><StateProvinceCode>NJ</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>08753</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City></City><StateProvinceCode>FL</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>33972</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>7.4</Weight></ShipmentWeight><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>7.4</Weight></PackageWeight></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
Receive: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>13.66</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>13.66</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>13.66</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>13.66</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.4</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>18.30</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>18.30</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>18.30</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>18.30</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.4</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.08</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.08</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.08</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.08</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.4</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>13</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>65.72</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>65.72</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>65.72</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>65.72</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.4</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>100.04</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>100.04</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>8:00 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>100.04</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>100.04</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.4</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>69.37</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>69.37</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>10:30 A.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>69.37</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>69.37</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>3.4</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>4.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>
Joe Payne
AbleCommerce Custom Programming and Modules http://www.AbleMods.com/
AbleCommerce Hosting http://www.AbleModsHosting.com/
Precise Fishing and Hunting Time Tables http://www.Solunar.com

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:18 am

Hmm, it has happened twice now this morning also. But it isn't consistent, some orders have been placed with one of the UPS methods for the same customer / same address. I've turned on debug mode, I'll see if I can catch one when the error occurs and compare it to one without the error.
Jay

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:32 am

Joe,
Did you add the CR and/or LF between <?xml version="1.0"?> and <RatingServiceSelectionResponse>? My old debug entries don't have anything between those two tags, perhaps that is a clue/reason? I'll check that if I happen to get a debug entry when the error occurs, but it might take a while.
Jay

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by AbleMods » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:40 am

I just copy/pasted it from the log file.

It's definitely the business/residential flag. I can switch mine to residential and rates work every single time. Switch it back to business address, immediately fails.
Joe Payne

laramp
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by laramp » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:24 am

Having same issue.... Business not working, residential is. I needed to add a shipping method "UPS To Be Determined" to allow the check out to continue... Problem is ...all customers will need to be called.
Anyone know what is going on here?

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:46 am

I began experimenting on my test server. The UPS log was not recording a Receive: entry at all when the error occurred. By moving the //RECORD RECEIVE HERE code (in IntegratedProviders/UPS/UPS.cs) before the //LOAD RESPONSE INTO XML DOCUMENT code, I now get the following UPS log entries when the error occurs:
Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>01</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Chesterton</City><StateProvinceCode>IN</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>46304</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City>SACRAMENTO</City><StateProvinceCode>CA</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>95828</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></ShipmentWeight><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>9.0</Weight></PackageWeight></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

So the error message is correct; there is no root element.

I started trying different things, and I discovered that If I change the order so the weight is 10 pounds or more, I get a proper response (snipped for brevity :) ):
Send: <?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code>01</Code></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code>01</Code></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City>Chesterton</City><StateProvinceCode>IN</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>46304</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City>SACRAMENTO</City><StateProvinceCode>CA</StateProvinceCode><PostalCode>95828</PostalCode><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>10.0</Weight></ShipmentWeight><Package><PackagingType><Code>02</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>10.0</Weight></PackageWeight></Package></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>10.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>14.33</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>14.33</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>14.33</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>14.33</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>10.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>10.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage>[...SNIP...]
That explains why it is intermittent for me. Most of our orders are over 10 pounds.

I suppose we could set the minimum weight to 10 pounds to work around this, but then we'll be charging too much for shipping for light orders. I am not able to find anything regarding a minimum weight for business address quotes, so it seems that UPS needs to fix something.
Jay

laramp

Post by laramp » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am

I contacted UPS ... and of course they would say there was nothing going on.

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by AbleMods » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 am

My client said UPS told them the same thing...
jguengerich wrote:I started trying different things, and I discovered that If I change the order so the weight is 10 pounds or more, I get a proper response
So what made you think the weight was the issue? That's not something I even considered....nice catch.
Joe Payne

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:59 am

AbleMods wrote:So what made you think the weight was the issue? That's not something I even considered....nice catch.
Not sure. I knew that our live site was working at least some of the time, but when I started testing things on our test side, it was consistently giving the error. I was testing with a very light product, and I just thought "let me try it with something heavy". I happened to choose something that was 80 pounds, and I got rates back. So then I tried 5 pounds, which didn't work, 10 pounds, which did work, and 9 pounds, which didn't work. Switching back and forth between 9 / 10 pounds gave no rates / rates, so I concluded that < 10 pounds must be the other trigger (besides business address).

I have emailed UPS' support with sample XML sent/received, so we'll see what they say.
Jay

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:45 am

Here is UPS' response:
Dear Jay,
Thank you for your inquiry. I am sorry for the difficulty that you are having with your API posts
We have received reports from customer using the Xpci Version of 1.0001 in their requests intermittently returning a file with only the XML declaration statement.
Please modify your code to use the version as shown in the developer guides:
<XpciVersion>1.0</XpciVersion>
In /IntegratedProviders/UPS/UPS.cs, in the BuildProviderRequest funcion, I changed this line:

Code: Select all

providerRequest.LoadXml("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang=\"en-US\"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code /></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code /></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City/><StateProvinceCode/><PostalCode/><CountryCode/></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City/><StateProvinceCode/><PostalCode/><CountryCode/></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code/></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight/></ShipmentWeight></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>");
to this:

Code: Select all

providerRequest.LoadXml("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang=\"en-US\"><Request><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Rating and Service</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><RequestAction>rate</RequestAction><RequestOption>shop</RequestOption></Request><PickupType><Code /></PickupType><CustomerClassification><Code /></CustomerClassification><Shipment><Shipper><Address><City/><StateProvinceCode/><PostalCode/><CountryCode/></Address></Shipper><ShipTo><Address><City/><StateProvinceCode/><PostalCode/><CountryCode/></Address></ShipTo><ShipmentWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code/></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight/></ShipmentWeight></Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>");
After building the UPS project and copying the dll to our test site, it appears to have solved the problem. Unfortunately, this is a source code change, so hopefully AbleCommerce can provide the fixed DLL to those that don't have source.

Also note that there are several more instances of xpci version 1.0001 in that source, and they should probably all be changed.

I have not copied the updated dll to our live site yet, but it appears to consistently work on our test site.
Jay

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:20 am

Our dev team has gone home for the day. The issue is reported and they know this takes priority, so we should have a patch available very soon.

The only trouble is that I haven't been able reproduce it. So, hopefully, we'll have some volunteers who can help with the testing once the new DLL's are available.

Thanks,
Katie

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:22 am

We've got a client with the exact same problem.
Joe, what version is your client running?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:24 am

Larry, I don't know what version you are using either?

We're still unable to reproduce this on our side, so what we plan to do is give you all updated DLL's to see if it fixes the problem.

So, I need those versions please. As soon as possible...

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by AbleMods » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:52 am

Katie wrote:Joe, what version is your client running?
Gold R10 SR1
Joe Payne

meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by meer2005 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:30 am

AbleCommerce for ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.90.8302
Release Label: GoldR10

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:42 am

Just got another email from UPS support:
Jay,

I am with UPS 3rd level support and am following up with you in regards to HDFS Case # 45555979, which states you were receiving blank response documents returned from our API's.

I wanted to let you know that our development team was able to identify a backend system issue that was causing the Rate, Track, and Ship API’s to return empty responses. They have since corrected the issue so the blank response are no longer returned. Please attempt to submit your request files that were having the issue and notify me of you continue to get any empty responses.
I don't have time to confirm if it is working with Xpci at 1.0001 right now, maybe others can confirm?
Jay

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:21 am

Jay,

Thanks for the update. We were never able to reproduce the issue, so I guess we'll just standby and see if any other reports come in.

Katie

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:27 am

Based on VERY brief testing (2 parts under 10 pounds to a business address), the old way is returning correct info for me.
Jay