Product Group Restrictions - need help

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
bugman
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Product Group Restrictions - need help

Post by bugman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:33 am

I want to accomplish the following:
  • have products display to anonymous users (anyone who visits the site) showing "regular" (retail) prices, AND...
  • have SOME products display DIFFERENT prices (e.g. "wholesale prices") to users in a certain group ("Wholesalers"), AND...
  • have these wholesale priced products display (to those Wholesale users) their actual lower wholesale prices (not display regular retail price with a discount note on the page that says "10% discount available off regular price")
From my perspective, the products that display wholesale prices to wholesale users could either be:

1) the same regular retail-priced product items that already exist (not completely separate products) - IF I can make them display different prices to only the wholesale users group, OR

2) completely different products (CLONES of the normal retail priced products, to which I would assign the different wholesale prices)

My PREFERENCE would be #1 - just have one instance of each product, and have it display retail prices to everyone that is NOT in the wholesale group, and have those same products display wholesale prices to anyone who IS in the wholesale users group.

I created the new wholesale user group, and cloned some of my retail products & changed the prices on the newly cloned items to wholesale prices, and I can limit display of these products to only the wholesale users group just fine, but wholesale users ALSO still see all the regular priced products as well, which I don'l like - I want users in the wholesale group to see ONLY their wholesale priced products (will be confusing & problematic if they see two of the same product with two different prices).

I thought maybe I could remedy this by using "reverse Group Restrictions" on the retail products - I set all them to be available ONLY to all groups EXCEPT the Wholesale Users group, but that prevents them from displaying AT ALL if I just browse my site as an anonymous user not logged in at all. So, THAT'S no good.

I also tried using Able's "Special Price" product feature, limiting the Special Price to the Wholesale Users Group... that works great for the main product (wholesale users see the retail prices with a strikethrough line and the special wholesale price beside it - that would be great), but it doesn't work for product VARIANTS - once customer selects a variant of the product ("Qty per Container" variants in my case), the variants just show the regular retail price of the variant. Is there a way to set Special Prices for the variants & restrict them to a group? That would solve my problem nicely as well.

Any thoughts appreciated...
Thanks!

--
bugman
AbleCommerce for ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.90.8302
Release Label: GoldR10