No logo image will crash store

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

No logo image will crash store

Post by NC Software » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:55 am

I ran into this when I first started and figure I should report this. Not all themes come with the logo image, my WAP solution had various broken file links one of which was the logo image which I reported long ago, it was never fixed. And hence when I ran my store after the first deploy my first experience was a crash. Long story short, review your code in the StoreLogo conlib and better handle NO LOGO found.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: No logo image will crash store

Post by mazhar » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Strangely I am not able to reproduce the issue, maybe missing some step. I simply dropped the logo.gif from a theme and then opened store making sure cache is invalidated. Store seems to be working though Image is missing as expected. Am I missing some step?

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Re: No logo image will crash store

Post by NC Software » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:41 am

I'll try to repro when I can, it hit me when first publishing the store, one of several issues. You may want to step through the code in a debug session in your test to see if you picked up a logo image somewhere in the code flow.
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.