Login Automation

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
ajackson
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Login Automation

Post by ajackson » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:20 am

Just a background ... I work for a manufacturing company and we currently have a secured site for our customers where they are able to access certain company specific information for pricing, quoting, etc. Within our secured site we have a product builder where the customer has the ability to create custom parts (we only build/sell custom parts) and based on the product they build and quantity they specify a price is dynamically created. We were able to add an “Add to Cart” button on our current product builder page and insert that data into the shopping cart. Now what we would like is to carry over the login credentials and log the user in automatically, so it would look seamless. Right now, the user is considered an anonymous user until they actually log in.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Login Automation

Post by mazhar » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:29 am

Can't you try Single Signon by using same cookies for both websites? In your builder application you can validate using data from ablecommerce database and then have same Forms Authentication cookies on both websites. This way user logged into one website will be considered loggedin when reached to other website.

ajackson
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Login Automation

Post by ajackson » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:38 am

I wasn't sure if that was possible when different app_pools are used for the websites, but I'll give it a try. Thanks!