Remove equalheights script call

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
corgalore
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Remove equalheights script call

Post by corgalore » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:05 pm

I need to remove the equalHeights() jquery plugin call on one of my category pages. I have looked everywhere and I cannot figure out where the source of the script call is.

It appears at the bottom of the category pages like so:

$('#ctl00_ctl00_NestedMaster_PageContent_ctl00_CatalogNodeList .itemContainer').equalHeights();

I figured it would get rendered using a dynamic id like <%=CatalogNodeList.ClientID%>, but I can't find any reference to that either.

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Remove equalheights script call

Post by mazhar » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 pm

This is being added by cb:ExDataList control and is in CommerceBuilder.UI.dll back end codes. One way to remove this call will be to turn off responsive behaviour on ExDataList by using Responsive="false" property. But as a side effect it will also kill responsiveness of generated HTML. Keep in mind that Responsive="false" won't work untill you use different SkinId on control because it will be overridden by default skin file. For a global change you can put Responsive="false" in theme's skin file. You can look at Skin files of other non responsive themes as an example.

As a workaround to make sure only equalHeights is disabled by generated HTML is responsive you can simply override .equalHeights() method to your own wich does nothing. For example add following javascript to page where you want it disabled

Code: Select all

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
        $(function () {
            // custom equalHeights() which does nothing.
            $.fn.equalHeights = function () {
            }
        })
    </script>