Production AC Gold on Azure

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Production AC Gold on Azure

Post by sweeperq » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:59 am

I saw that AC put up a demo site on Azure. Is anyone running a live site in Azure? If so, how has it been working for you? Any headaches?

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Production AC Gold on Azure

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:19 am

Hello,

We've not had any issues with Azure. However I would suggest looking at google cloud or Amazon. We tested all three and found the best performance on Google Cloud. Amazon was as fast, but cost more than Google Cloud.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

sweeperq
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by sweeperq » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:07 am

Can you provide any details on the recommended Google Cloud setup? We currently run on dedicated servers but want to be able to respond to peak traffic without having to buy/keep a bunch of extra servers around. We've been running on a beefy server with dedicated VMs for Web and DB. We split them out into their own instances for PCI-compliance.

I've started playing around with Amazon Elastic Beanstalk for WordPress, but every time I need to make an update I have to redeploy my entire application. It was smoking fast, but I worry about losing/overwriting things during deployment. I kept having to reconfigure my WordPress site every time I redeployed.

Azure just seemed like the path of least resistance. But I'm open to looking at the other options.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi,

You can change the machine type on Google without having to re-deploy anything. You do have to stop the instance but it's super easy

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/i ... d-instance
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

rlopez
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by rlopez » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:57 am

We are looking at moving to AWS for Website and DB. However, AWS only offers MS 2016 products for Server's and DB's that meet our requirements. I have researched Able's help and Support and it appears to only run on older 2012 Servers and DB's. Has or is Able capable of being ran on MS 2016's Instances? We have not seen any updates from Able in over a year. So any feedback on software requirements would be great. We Currently Run R12SR1
Thanks for any feedback.
Rick L.
https://www.boatingsolutions.com
We make boat repair easy!

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 am

Hi Rick,

Sure it works fine on Windows/SQL 2016, we are actively working on the help site we'll be sure to get those updated.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

ericortego
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by ericortego » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:49 pm

I just gave it a shot and it seemed to work just fine. I used the Microsoft Data Migration Assistant. Migrated the database updated the connectionstring and it seems to be working fine. Took only a few minutes to move.

I moved from SQL server 2014 on Server 2012 R2 to Azure SQL DB and not an IaaS VM running SQL Server.

I'm going to let it run until I hear complaints.