Discounts not Applying If Order is Modified in Admin

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
skinsfan99
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Discounts not Applying If Order is Modified in Admin

Post by skinsfan99 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:42 am

AbleCommerce GoldR10SR1 (build 8620)

Hi there,

We are having an issue with discounts not applying if an item is added to an existing order via the admin.
If the customer creates the order the discounts work as expected. Apparently at one time discounts were not working at all via the admin.
Web2Market made some changes that allowed discounts to work if an order was created from scratch in the admin. We thought the change they made
corrected all discounts. Apparently not. If a customer creates an order and submits it and then customer service adds an item, the discounts do not get
applied. Is this something that AC has already fixed in versions 11 or 12? If so is it possible to apply the fix to version 10?

Thanks for you help,
David

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Discounts not Applying If Order is Modified in Admin

Post by compunerdy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:45 pm

This is not fixed in version 12, I have the same issue.

skinsfan99

Post by skinsfan99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 am

AbleCommerce GoldR10SR1 (build 8620)

I reviewed all the modifications and updates to versions R11 and R12 and I do not see that the problem with discounts not being applied on the admin side have been addressed by AbleCommerce.

It seems to me that this is a bug that AbleCommerce should address as soon as possible. If you have a standard feature in the system it should work everywhere.

There are two problems we have discovered.

1. If customer service creates an order from scratch on the admin side, discounts are not applied. Before I started working here the previous person went to Web2Market to get the problem fixed when they should have brought it to the attention of AbleCommerce. Unfortunately they did not test the problem completely which is why the next problem still exists.

2. If customer service updates an existing order by adding a new product any applicable discounts are not applied.

Because we need this problem fixed as soon as possible I have requested an estimate from Web2Market to fix the second problem, as I mentioned they have already corrected the first one. I don't know if you could work with them to get the fix for the first problem. I would rather AbleCommerce fix these problems so we don't end up with custom code to fix a standard feature.

Please get back to me as soon as possible regarding this.

Thank you for your time,
David

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 am

Hello David,

That's never been a feature in AbleCommerce, so it's not broken.

Please put in a feature request and let's see if it gets votes:

https://ablecommerce.uservoice.com/foru ... merce-gold
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

skinsfan99

Post by skinsfan99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:40 am

So you are saying the option in the Admin under Marketing called Discounts is not a standard feature of AbleCommerce?

skinsfan99

Post by skinsfan99 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:42 am

There is a whole section under your AbleCommerce Gold Merchant Guide related to discounts and how they work. Why are you saying this is not a feature of AbleCommerce??

AnySupport
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by AnySupport » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 am

This Marketing Functions are defined in Admin, but only to work for the Store front and not within Admin for orders edited after the initial submission.
Discounts as well as Coupons. (We had the same unexpected surprise early on, but it was realized too late to change platforms completely).
We are currently having to rely heavily on manual recalculations and data entry at first, and a high priority of the next development stage will be to close as many of these loop holes for human error as possible, even if it means having to purchase custom, although we too wish that wasn't required.

Here are entries in UserVoice for voting to incorporate these functions:

Add Discounts when updating an order: https://ablecommerce.uservoice.com/foru ... g-an-order
Allow coupons to be added in admin after order completed: https://ablecommerce.uservoice.com/foru ... -order-com

And slightly tangential, but impacted by the similar mindset about Admin vs Store front handling:
Allow a gift cert be allowed for payment after original payment : https://ablecommerce.uservoice.com/foru ... -after-ori

Please add your votes! Thank you!

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am

Thanks for providing these links to the existing feature requests. It's nice that you took the time and we appreciate it.

The complexities surrounding post-order editing w.r.t. features that have well established rules is difficult. We have looked into it several times and it will require significant changes. Consider that a coupon can have many rules that need to be checked with other products and the user who placed the order. For example, do you want to abide by the rules of the coupon or just enter it without knowing if it's valid.

Discounts are the same. We have to look at some business logic and see what makes sense. If the discounts change, then all we can do is calculate against what is current since an order does not contain enough information to store relevant information on the discount in place at the time the order was placed.

The post order edit features give you an option to manually re-calculate tax and shipping. The other proposed changes will need to be reviewed and discussed before they will be added to a future version. It does look like we are getting some votes though. Perhaps the feature requests can be combined and we'll consider the votes for both of them.

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support