Google Feed - Products without GTIN

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
edinos
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Google Feed - Products without GTIN

Post by edinos » Sun May 21, 2017 3:49 pm

We received notice that Google will not accept products that do not have GTINs. Has anyone added any fields like (indentifier_exist) to there automatic Google feed for products that do not have GTINs? Thank you.

eileen

Re: Google Feed - Products without GTIN

Post by eileen » Sat May 27, 2017 3:17 am

If the product does not have a GTIN assigned, you don’t need to submit one with your Google feed. However, if the product does have a GTIN assigned and you don’t submit it, then the product could be disapproved. For products without a GTIN, Google recommends you submit the following attributes:
  • - brand
    - mpn
Here's some information on Google Product Identifiers:
https://support.google.com/merchants/an ... 0161?hl=en

edinos

Re: Google Feed - Products without GTIN

Post by edinos » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:00 am

Thank you for that reply. But I believe Google needs false in one of the columns if the product does not have a gtin which is more of our issue at the moment. Atleast that was their latest reply to me. They also have a new deal where their automatic system rejects products that have pictures with packaging that have wording on them. Which is crazy to me. They requested we delete product packaging pictures. We are not going to do that at the moment unless it just starts to kill our business. Hopefully they change their view on this issue.