failed to lazily initialize a collection of role

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

failed to lazily initialize a collection of role

Post by AbleMods » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm struggling to figure out why I keep getting lazy load errors in an internal method of my custom data class.

In my Returns Manager, I have a class OrderReturn which has an OrderId field used to link back to the original Able order object. The OrderReturn object works perfectly, until I try to reference child classes on the linked OrderReturn.Order object.

I can access OrderReturn.Order properties just fine, like OrderReturn.Order.OrderNumber
I can access OrderReturn.Order.User properties just fine, like OrderReturn.Order.User.LoweredEmail
I can even access OrderReturn.Order.Payments collection.

But any time I try to access OrderReturn.Order.Shipments, nHibernate throws the lazy load error. Any suggestions why? Have I missed some sort of obscure nHibernate mapping reference somewhere?

All I'm doing is using an internal method in the class to send emails. But I keep getting the Lazy Load when I try to load up various collections as parameters before telling the messaging engine to send the email.
Error generating email messages for template 'Return Authorized' having subject 'RMA # $orderreturn.ReturnNumber'.
Exception: Initializing[CommerceBuilder.Orders.Order#81360]-failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: CommerceBuilder.Orders.Order.Shipments, no session or session was closed Stack Trace: at NHibernate.Collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.ThrowLazyInitializationException(String message) at NHibernate.Collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.ThrowLazyInitializationExceptionIfNotConnected() at NHibernate.Collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.Initialize(Boolean writing) at NHibernate.Collection.PersistentBag.GetEnumerator() at NVelocity.Runtime.Directive.Foreach.GetIterator(IInternalContextAdapter context, INode node) at NVelocity.Runtime.Directive.Foreach.Render(IInternalContextAdapter context, TextWriter writer, INode node) at NVelocity.Runtime.Parser.Node.ASTDirective.Render(IInternalContextAdapter context, TextWriter writer) at NVelocity.Runtime.Parser.Node.SimpleNode.Render(IInternalContextAdapter context, TextWriter writer) at NVelocity.App.VelocityEngine.Evaluate(IContext context, TextWriter writer, String logTag, TextReader reader) at CommerceBuilder.Messaging.NVelocityEngine.Process(Hashtable parameters, String template) in D:\AbleMods-Client Projects\LanShack\Projects\AbleSource\CommerceBuilder\Messaging\NVelocityEngine.cs:line 61 at CommerceBuilder.Messaging.EmailTemplate.GenerateMailMessages() in D:\AbleMods-Client Projects\LanShack\Projects\AbleSource\CommerceBuilder\Messaging\EmailTemplate.cs:line 360 at CommerceBuilder.Messaging.EmailTemplate.Send(Boolean async) in D:\AbleMods-Client Projects\LanShack\Projects\AbleSource\CommerceBuilder\Messaging\EmailTemplate.cs:line 575

Code: Select all

try
            {
                string bccEmail = AbleContext.Current.Store.Settings.GetValueByKey("am_RMBCCEMail");
                // Now with the order and email template validated, we can proceed with template construction
                template.ToAddress = this.Order.BillToEmail;

// If site admin requests BCC, set the address here
                if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(bccEmail))
                {
                    template.BCCList = bccEmail;
                }
                template.Parameters.Add("order", this.Order);
                template.Parameters.Add("shipments", this.Order.Shipments);
                template.Parameters.Add("store", AbleContext.Current.Store);
                template.Parameters.Add("orderreturn", this);
                template.Parameters.Add("returnitems", this.ReturnItems);
                template.Parameters.Add("customer", this.Order.User);
                template.Parameters.Add("payments", this.Order.Payments);

// only add user object if user exists for the return
                if (this.User != null)
                {
                    template.Parameters.Add("returnuser", this.User);
                }

template.Send();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Common.LogEvent("Return Number " + this.ReturnNumber + " with email template trigger '" + template.Name + "' crashed with error: " + ex.Message);

}
Joe Payne
AbleCommerce Custom Programming and Modules http://www.AbleMods.com/
AbleCommerce Hosting http://www.AbleModsHosting.com/
Precise Fishing and Hunting Time Tables http://www.Solunar.com