Change warning message from basket.validate

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
ashj
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Change warning message from basket.validate

Post by ashj » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 am

How do I change warning messages for basket.validate in AC Gold. I saw the wiki for AC 7 using resources.resx. I don't see any such file in AC Gold.

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Change warning message from basket.validate

Post by jguengerich » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:59 am

It looks like it is in CommerceBuilder\Resources\LocalizedStrings.resx, which probably means you need the source code. I haven't tried changing them, so you may want to wait for someone from AbleCommerce to respond with confirmation.
Jay

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:06 am

Yes, Jay is right about that. You can change the resource strings only if you have the source code.

ashj
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by ashj » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:23 am

so i could reverse all the dlls to get the source code but they're not editable so I can't change the message. The message being returned is not very informative. Is there anyway we can change it? I thought we should get more features/flexibility with AC Gold. I'm very new to AC

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 pm

From the source code, I mean if you have the CommerceBuilder api code files, you can change the messages then recompile the project and use the updated dll (copy to website bin folder). If you don't have that, you can use jquery/javascript to change the message at run time from UI (e.g. basket.aspx page).

ashj
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by ashj » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:47 am

thank you so much nadeem!