Paypal Setup (express) does not create an order or a payment

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Paypal Setup (express) does not create an order or a payment

Post by foodsleuth » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am

Hi,
Clearly I'm doing something wrong. I have Paypal setup (I used the "Express" gateway) but to be honest I'm not sure which I should have used. Nevertheless I place an order, select pay with paypal. I login to paypal, I click "place my order". Paypal returns me to my website but no order is generate, no payment is generated. What might I have wrong?

Thanks
Barbara

foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Paypal Setup (express) does not create an order or a payment

Post by foodsleuth » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 am

Sorry, I do see what is happening but not sure how to fix it. I add an item to my cart. I see my cart page and on the upper right is a button for Pay With Paypal Express. If I click I go to the Paypal site, login, click to place the order then I actually return to the Order screen, I proceed to checkout and I get the payment screen (even though I've already paid) I see the option under payment methods for Paypal so I click that and pay all over again. Once I click the pay button, now I go to a screen that shows paypal funded the order. Able produces an order, but able does not generate any order confirmations.

I compared how my order looked vs a successful paypal order. In the payment section on my order it shows: Last Payment: Paypal
The good order shows: Last Payment: Paypal gatobarb@myweb.com (it shows the email for the person who place the order.

Any clues?
Thanks