Chase Paymentech AVS matching

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Chase Paymentech AVS matching

Post by compunerdy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:35 am

I would like the option to require the AVS to match in order to accept a payment and evidently the only place to do that is via the AC software integration.. any reason this is not a option?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Chase Paymentech AVS matching

Post by Katie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 pm

If Chase has an option to deny the transaction because of AVS mis-match, then you can also fail the order in AbleCommerce with a checkout setting.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:50 am

What Chase told me is AC needs to have setting to not accept a AVS mismatch.. they cannot set a option for it to fail. I just want it so I do not get chargebacks when it could have been avoided by only accepting AVS matching transactions.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 am

Interesting. I believe Authorize.net has this ability to deny or accept based on the outcome of AVS or other pieces of data.

This is not a feature we have. We show the AVS results on the order summary page, and payments page. You can always check this setting before capturing the funds.
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 am

Manually checking hundreds of orders a day is not a viable solution to the issue.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:57 am

AVS mismatch has always been a feature that's set on the gateway side. Everyone! that's ever enabled it, disabled it just as quickly as address validation is so imperfect it causes too many failures. Likely best to have a yellow status code on payments column on the order page that alerts us to an avs mismatch would be the best way to go.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 am

You may be right.. never tried it as I have been told multiple times now by Chase that they cannot enable it on their end..

Having a option to have the orders marked as paid with a warning would be a great solution to the problem. Having them automatically go to a separate order status would make it easy to look them over quickly.

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am

I don't have time to figure out the exact code, but if you want to code it yourself, in general you would check the transaction's AVSResultCode property, and show a color or flag or something on the appropriate screen (list of orders, list of payments, etc.). Or, you could check it right after the call to ExecuteCheckout on the CreditCardPaymentForm, reverse the authorization or capture if appropriate, and display a message to the customer. This is probably not ideal, though; I don't know if Chase Paymentech allows full reversals or if there are extra service charges for them, and the customer may see both the authorization and reversal in their pending transactions.
Jay