ManageProducts.aspx - Change initial query on page load

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

ManageProducts.aspx - Change initial query on page load

Post by sfeher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:53 am

Alright -- wondering if there's an issue you all can assist with:

We have about 25k SKUs in the products table and when we load the ManageProducts.aspx page in the Admin, it takes a while for our page to load. Server performance isn't bad (we have several cores assigned to this server).

Can we change the initial page load query to NOT display all 25k results? How can we make this page load and give us the filter at the top (so that we can choose/select, search, etc.) without rendering all the data on the initial load?

Thoughts?
Worthwhile?

PS -- I've already updated the SQL tables, reindexed, etc. I don't think that the issue is related to SQL performance.

sfeher
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: ManageProducts.aspx - Change initial query on page load

Post by sfeher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:25 am

FYI ---
One thing that I've done (and was perhaps the right initial fix?) was to edit the web.config file and change the maxRequestLength value.

Original value is 4096. I've updated to 1048576.
Then ran iisreset via command prompt to reset the site....

Seems to work MUCH better now.
Will keep an eye on this to see how it impacts performance.

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: ManageProducts.aspx - Change initial query on page load

Post by jguengerich » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:01 am

Which version are you using? In R12, it shouldn't be rendering all the products unless you have "Show All" selected in the dropdown at the top right of the list. R12 also has the search tools at the top, no matter how what you select in the "Show" dropdown.

I'm not sure why changing the maxRequestLength would help, that relates to the size of HTTP requests sent from the browser to IIS, not the communication between ASP.Net and SQL Server or the HTTP response sent back to the browser. Perhaps resetting IIS freed up a bunch of memory or disk space, which sped things up?
Jay