Cannot Limit Records on Manage Products Page

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
BYGTechnologies
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Cannot Limit Records on Manage Products Page

Post by BYGTechnologies » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:35 pm

We have over 25,000 products. I am trying to limit the number of records returned to 500 by using the maximumRows parameter.

Here is my code on the ManageProducts.aspx page:

<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ProductsDS" runat="server"
OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" SelectMethod="FindProducts"
TypeName="CommerceBuilder.Products.ProductDataSource"
onselecting="ProductsDS_Selecting" SortParameterName="sortExpression" EnablePaging="true">
<SelectParameters>
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="Name" Name="name" PropertyName="Text" Type="String" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="SearchDescriptions" DefaultValue="False" Name="searchDescription" PropertyName="Checked" Type="Boolean" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="Sku" DefaultValue="" Name="sku" PropertyName="Text" Type="String" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="CategoriesList" DefaultValue="0" Name="categoryId" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="Int32" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ManufacturerList" DefaultValue="0" Name="manufacturerId" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="Int32" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="VendorList" DefaultValue="0" Name="vendorId" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="Int32" />
<asp:Parameter Name="featured" Type="Object" />
<asp:Parameter DefaultValue="0" Name="taxCodeId" Type="Int32" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="FromPrice" Name="lowPrice" PropertyName="Text" Type="Decimal" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ToPrice" Name="highPrice" PropertyName="Text" Type="Decimal" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="OnlyDigitalGoods" DefaultValue="False" Name="digitalGoodsOnly" PropertyName="Checked" Type="Boolean" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="OnlyGiftCertificates" DefaultValue="False" Name="giftCertificatesOnly" PropertyName="Checked" Type="Boolean" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="OnlyKits" DefaultValue="False" Name="kitsOnly" PropertyName="Checked" Type="Boolean" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="OnlySubscriptions" DefaultValue="False" Name="subscriptionsOnly" PropertyName="Checked" Type="Boolean" />
<asp:ControlParameter ControlID="ProductGroups" DefaultValue="0" Name="groupId" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="Int32" />
<asp:Parameter Name="maximumRows" Type="Int32" DefaultValue="500" />
<asp:Parameter Name="startRowIndex" Type="Int32" DefaultValue="1" />
</SelectParameters>
</asp:ObjectDataSource>

But, it does not seem matter what default value that I enter for maximum rows. I always get all 25,000+ records.

Here is the version info:

AbleCommerce for ASP.NET
VERSION: 7.0.92.9266
Release Label: GoldR12SR1

Please advise.

Thanks,
Mike

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Cannot Limit Records on Manage Products Page

Post by jmestep » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:51 pm

AC normally picks up the max rows from the PageSize in the Gridview.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

BYGTechnologies
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by BYGTechnologies » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:40 am

Judy:

Thank you for your reply. I am not trying to limit the number of rows on the page; I am trying to limit the total number of records returned from the database.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
Mike

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Default AC code uses this object datasource:

Code: Select all

OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" SelectMethod="FindProducts" SelectCountMethod="FindProductsCount"
                    onselecting="ProductsDS_Selecting" SortParameterName="sortExpression" EnablePaging="true">
The SelectMethod FindProducts picks up the maximum number to return using the GridView Page Size and executes a select Top(xx) products query. Then the information for those xx products is loaded into the gridview
The SelectCountMethod FindProductsCount does a query like SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT P.ProductId) AS ProductCount FROM ac_Products AS P WHERE P.StoreId = @p0 ',N'@p0 int',@p0=1 and returns one number, not all the products. That number shows in the header xx matching products and with the page size determines how many pages to show on the pager.

By setting the page size to 500, you are limiting the results to the first 500 products on the first page of the gridview. With the default page size of 20, only 20 products are returned on each page of the gridview. It doesn't load all 25,000 products then show only 20.
Other than that, you will need to write your own custom code.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 am

Your ObjectDataSource definition element is missing the SelectCountMethod parameter. Here is what mine looks like, I'm pretty sure this is as shipped (no customizations):

Code: Select all

OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" SelectMethod="FindProducts" SelectCountMethod="FindProductsCount"
Not sure why that makes a difference, but in very brief testing it appears that it does.

EDIT: With this fixed, as Judy mentioned, you shouldn't have to worry about customizing anything, the query only returns as many records as are needed to fulfill the page size setting.

EDIT AGAIN: Oops, I should have read Judy's post instead of just skimming it, she also pointed out what was missing. Sorry Judy :oops:.
Jay