Add To Cart Button on Details

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
adepinto
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Add To Cart Button on Details

Post by adepinto » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:38 am

Just noticed a "feature" on a site we developed. We had moved the MiniBasket widget to the left side under CategoryMenu for the Product Page. When somebody was clicking on Add to Cart, it looked like nothing was happened because it was offscreen. Worse, we looked at some other sites we created in Mobile, where we click on Add to Cart it really looks like nothing happened because the cart is completely towards the bottom of the mobile view. I noticed a couple of sites in the Featured Clients section have it so that when you click on Add to Cart on Product Detail pages, it goes right to the shopping cart. Is this part of AbleCommerce or a customization that somebody has done? If not, this seems like an oversight in design that needs looked at. Thanks,

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: Add To Cart Button on Details

Post by nadeem » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 am

This will require customization if you want the user to go directly to basket from product details page. If mini basket is not used in left sidebar, then it will go directly to basket page. Alternatively, you can move your mini basket first in the list in left sidebar (above categorymenu). This will only visible if there is some item in cart.

adepinto
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by adepinto » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:31 am

I don't agree that it "should" require customization. If by default, the users can't see if they added something to the cart, esp in mobile, that's a problem to me and I'm sure customers as well.

nadeem
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by nadeem » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:34 am

If mini basket is found on the page, the item will be shown in mini basket instead of directly go to basket. You need to rearrange the mini basket or remove it from the product page to go directly to basket. By the way, if the mini basket is used in the right side bar, you can use LeftSidebarResponsive layout so that the left sidebar widgets will be at the top in mobile view.