Duplicate DLL references in VS temp files

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
ckirklen
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Duplicate DLL references in VS temp files

Post by ckirklen » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 am

This one is surely something dumb i'm doing in Visual Studio, but when I'm running locally (project with a compiled DLL instead of live website), all is well until I log in as a user to go through the checkout steps.

After successfully logging in, I get the following error on a YSOD, which seems to indicate I've included things in my project (like App_Code/ProductHelper.cs) and compiled them. But when I exclude that file from the solution and recompile, the error doesn't go away.

What am I not doing right?

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'AbleCommerce.Code.ProductHelper' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\8fb39cb6\20b81172\App_Code.xungixt7.dll' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vs\8fb39cb6\20b81172\assembly\dl3\073698b4\eade16e3_d508d401\AbleCommerce.DLL'

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Duplicate DLL references in VS temp files

Post by jmestep » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:17 pm

If this happens shortly after you have changed code, the site could be still compiling. I have had that happen at times. Wait a minute and refresh the page and see if it happens again.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx