Replace AbleCommerce Gold Search with AddSearch

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Replace AbleCommerce Gold Search with AddSearch

Post by foodsleuth » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:16 am

Hi,
This is probably a shot in the dark but...
Our site is pretty large with a lot of different content. All of my site, EXCEPT for Able uses a search utility called AddSearch. We used to use paid Google search for years but they discontinued their product. I would like to add AddSearch to replace the standard Able search so that users can find my product as well as the rest of my content. Could someone point me to the page(s) that would need to be edited and which code in Able would need to be replaced?

Thanks!
Barb

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: Replace AbleCommerce Gold Search with AddSearch

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:42 am

Hi Barb,

We used to utilize google search so that all of our content (forums, help, etc) could easily be searched. We've since migrated to bing which works great as well. Typically you'd have to edit the header search form and the advanced search page. email mike@.. with more details on the Addsearch and I can investigate further. I'm happy to share our bing search page as well if that is of interest.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by foodsleuth » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:57 am

Hi, thanks!
I'd love to see what Bing has to offer, I didn't realize they had a product. Is that a free search or paid? We've always paid given we don't like a bunch of ads ahead of our content. Addsearch has some great features like WE can prioritize different types of content in the search results which we really like. They have lots of other cool features too. Their support has been stellar too.
Love to see that bing search page!
Thanks,
Barb

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 am

Hi Barb,

Bingsearch.zip is attached for you to play with.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook