Default Warehouse Changing

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
bhill
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Default Warehouse Changing

Post by bhill » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Our default warehouse is suddenly changing and I am not the one doing it. I seem to recall we had a prior attack on our site and this was the red flag warning that someone was attempting to get access.

Can anyone spark my memory on why this would be the case? Is there another reason why this would happen? Also all of our USPS shipping methods stopped showing at roughly the same time (even though the methods are still set to the correct warehouse).

I'm worried, also the install directory was deleted so if it an attack I don't think they got in this way.

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: Default Warehouse Changing

Post by jguengerich » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:15 pm

The fact that your shipping methods all disappeared seems like it might be related to the "Machine Key Issue" that affects some servers when they are restared. There doesn't seem to be an obvious reason why it only affects some installations. More info is here:
http://help.ablecommerce.com/index.htm# ... lletin.htm

EDIT: If you didn't also lose your credit card gateway config, though, maybe this isn't the answer.
Jay

bhill

Post by bhill » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for the response I will look into the machine key issue.

I also noticed our category pages links sometimes are formatted like this: https://store.mises.org/(S(r5toqb55ct42cc55gqvi24rj))/Search.aspx?m=8
and the product links have this strange "virtual directory?" included too if you link out from the category page. Also google has spidered these urls. Has anyone seen this? Maybe this is related?

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by jguengerich » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:13 am

Hmm, after re-reading your original post, I think the Machine Key issue isn't the problem. I was thinking you meant that you lost your USPS shipping gateway configurations, but it looks like you are saying that is still there. Hopefully someone else can help. In the mean time, it probably would be a good idea to change all your admin passwords (AC web site, web server, sql server, your PC, etc.).
Jay