Found a bug with discounts

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Found a bug with discounts

Post by compunerdy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:07 pm

I know this is gold so this probably will not be addressed but figured I would post it anyways.

If a discount for say 20% is set to specific even though no categories or products are selected it will apply that discount to all items but if you have another higher lvl discount it will not be applied. Setting the 20% to global then allows the higher lvl discount to overwrite it.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: Found a bug with discounts

Post by Naveed » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:05 am

Hi,
If a discount for say 20% is set to specific even though no categories or products are selected it will apply that discount to all items
I setup a discount 20%, set to specific and without selecting any products and categories. And it do not apply to any products or categories.

So, this issue do not exists for latest build of AC Gold. Please provide more details what AC Gold build you are using.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:54 am

AbleCommerce GoldR12SR2 (build 9476)

Create a 10% discount and apply it to a customer (not sure if this matters) and do a specific discount and select all products (or the ones you plan to test with). This will give a 10% discount

Now create a global 15% discount and set to same customer..

This setup will only give the 10% and ignore the 15% discount. Set both to global and they get both discounts..should be just the higher discount.

Now set the 10% to global and the 15% to specific and select a item and add that item to cart.. it now only applies the 15%.

This last scenario is how I wanted it to work.. so I could give someone a global discount and then have specific items be at a higher discount. So there is a way to make it work it just doesn't make sense and I was really confused as at some point I must have set the lower discount to specific which then ignored the higher discount.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:06 am

Create a 10% discount and apply it to a customer (not sure if this matters) and do a specific discount and select all products (or the ones you plan to test with). This will give a 10% discount

Now create a global 15% discount and set to same customer..

This setup will only give the 10% and ignore the 15% discount. Set both to global and they get both discounts..should be just the higher discount.

Thanks for details, I am able to confirm the issue now. The issue exists in AC Gold.

However it do not exists in the latest AC9 build.

I am going to report it for AC Gold.