GetFeaturedProducts sortExpression options

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
Christopher Kiraly
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

GetFeaturedProducts sortExpression options

Post by Christopher Kiraly » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:58 am

Can someone tell me what fields are returned with GetFeaturedProducts so I can determine what sort options I have, or else point me to the documentation that tells me about this function!

Thanks!

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: GetFeaturedProducts sortExpression options

Post by Naveed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:07 am

Hi,

ProductDataSource.GetFeaturedProducts() returns a list of products. You can use any of the Product field for sorting.

Thanks,

Christopher Kiraly
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Christopher Kiraly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am

Thanks - as a follow up question...

I don't see where you can set the OrderBy value in the Products table. I know using the sort field in the catagory section updates the OrderBy in CatalogNodes, but I don't see how you can set the order by for individual products. Where is this located, or how can one do this (other than directly modifying the database?)

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:44 am

I don't see how you can set the order by for individual products.
Product OrderBy value is automatically recalculated based on category sort order. It is recalculated when you sort the categories.

Sorry there seems no option to set the the OrderBy for individual products, however you can batch edit product by exporting the products data and update the data and re-import.