[Solved] Adding Admin Page not working

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
Christopher Kiraly
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

[Solved] Adding Admin Page not working

Post by Christopher Kiraly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Ok - first let me start with this... I've done this on 2 other sites and it's working just fine on these other sites, so I have successfully done this.

With that said...

I'm trying to add a custom control page (adding our own custom Image Carousel for our client sites) to the admin panel.

I've modified the Adminmenu.xml file under App_Data, and added this menu item:

Code: Select all

<menuItem title="Carousel" url="~/Admin/ConLib/Custom/IDMICarousel/CarouselAdmin.aspx" description="Manage carousel photos." />
under the Website menu item.

This works, I can see the Carousel menu item under the Website menu item in the Admin Panel.

In my directory structure, under Ablecommerce / Admin / ConLib / Custom / IDMICarousel there is a CarouselAdmin.aspx and CarouselAdmin.aspx.cs file.

When I click the Carousel menu item, it takes to a 404 Page Not found. I've verified, re-verified, and had a 2nd person verify that everything is set up the way we have it with our 2 other sites, so I can't figure out why I'm getting a 404 Page not found when I click this menu item, even though the aspx file is where it should be (and contains everything it should, like I said, this has worked with 2 other Ablecommerce sites). So the only thing I can think of is there is some setting that I've overlooked (or don't know about) that prevents this page from loading

So I'm hoping someone else has had some experience and can tell me "You need to do X to make that page work!"

Thank in advance!

[Edited: Tested by removing the roles from the menuItem line - still having the same issue]

Christopher Kiraly
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: [Solved] Adding Admin Page not working

Post by Christopher Kiraly » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 am

The issue was completely not AC. There was an issue with a dll being replaced, and web.config redirecting 500 errors to PageNotFound.