UPS errors for last 2 days

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

UPS errors for last 2 days

Post by compunerdy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:13 pm

Been getting this type of error for the last 2 days. Any suggestions?

Error obtaining rate quote for shipping method 'UPS 3-Day Select®'.
Exception: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.Stack Trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.SendRequestToProvider(XmlDocument request, String url) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.GetAllProviderShipRateQuotes(Warehouse origin, Address destination, IList`1 contents) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.UPS.UPS.GetShipRateQuote(Warehouse origin, Address destination, IList`1 contents, String serviceCode) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.Providers.ShippingProviderBase.GetShipRateQuote(IShipment shipment, String serviceCode) at CommerceBuilder.Shipping.ShipMethod.GetShipRateQuote(IShipment shipment)

jguengerich
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Re: UPS errors for last 2 days

Post by jguengerich » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 am

Same here. I'm still live with GOLD, but I posted on the AbleCommerce 9 forums https://www.ablecommerce.com/forums/pos ... S-problems because I'm so used to going there as I work on implementing 9. So far the only suggestion was to make sure I'm using the https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ url (which I am). I thought it might be a timeout issue, and asked if there was a way to increase the timeout for UPS requests, but haven't gotten a response yet. When it happens, the customer doesn't see the method that couldn't be retrieved as a shipping option. Luckily, our site is only for our existing customers and logins are required, and we also offer FedEx, so the impact isn't that bad.
Jay