Dataport issue with Gold

The AbleCommerce data exchange is a useful feature for importing and updating data. The Data Exchange feature (just like the 7.0.x data port) is only supported via the forums or paid support.

*** BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THESE TOOLS ***
Able-fans
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Dataport issue with Gold

Post by Able-fans » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:51 pm

I got "Failed to connect - are you sure the store url is correct" when I using Dataport7.7 to connect my new Gold version store. Anyone knows how to solve it? it worked with the previous version of Ablecommerce.

Able-fans
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Dataport issue with Gold

Post by Able-fans » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 pm

When I point to the dataport service URL , The error message is "Could not load type 'CommerceBuilder.Common.Token' from assembly 'CommerceBuilder, Version=7.8.4624.35480, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
I assume the version of dataport which I install not support the gold version. The ClientApiService.ashx I copied from is version 7.07. I also searched latest dataport version, all I can get is Dataport 7.7.251.zip which published in 04/04/2011. Anyone knows how to solve this?

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Howdy,

The dataport hasn't been ported over, it's in the pipeline and we'll let everyone know when it's completed.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

batmike
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by batmike » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Any updates on the DataPort project progression? I'm working on migrating our 7.0.7 and definitely need the DataPort to go live on the Gold version.

Thanks!

Mike

TKO
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by TKO » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 am

Hi All,

Is there any update on the Dataport?

This is a critical issue for us as we are live at the moment but the whole project will be scaled back to a snails pace without the dataport. I have been an AC customer for about 5 years on several different projects and was blindsided when I heard yesterday that there was no dataport.

Absolutely love some of the new features..Great Job! But without the dataport we are crippled.

Cheers!
G

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 am

Hello All,

The dataport is going to be rolled directly into GOLD and is currently slated to be released in R4, it's a large project and we don't have an accurate timeline on how long it will take. I'd GUESS early 2013 for release.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

atl
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by atl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi All,

If dataport is not available until early 2013, how do new stores get set up. I assume that existing stores/data is up graded - but what about new stores?

Maybe I am missing something but I can't see anyway of getting data into the system i.e. dataport is the only way to import normally - not the API etc.

I doubt there is a third party utility, since dataport is so good.

Thanks for any pointer.

Cheers!
Antony

atl
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Re: Dataport issue with Gold : Help!!!

Post by atl » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 am

Dear AC

Not having any way of getting data into the AC Gold is a total road block to new site set live and significant elements of development. This could mean putting a new site off until well into 2013. I am sure that I am not the only one that has bought AC Gold and was intending to go live before then.

Is there anyway of providing an interim release of Data Import that will support AC Gold (I appreciate you are rolling it into the application, which would be a major deal). Even if the interim release only supported products and categories - that would be a major help for guys in my situation.

Cheers,
Antony

TKO
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by TKO » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:45 am

Hi Atl,

That is exactly our scenario right now. Our project involved getting about 4-5k skus up right away and since finding out there was no dataport we're literally doing it product by product. We are now estimating we will end up about 6-8 months behind schedule. As I said previously..we are crippled as a new install.

G

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:10 am

One of our developers developed code to import a pre-707 store into Gold, so he might have something reusable. You could contact W2M about it to see if it would be purchasable. Just use the contact form on our site.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Able-fans
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by Able-fans » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm

What I did for this issue is just work out the mapping relations between your data and Able tables then wrote a process to import all your data into Able gold database. It took me two or three week to finish . It works beautifully. The only thing is I need to rebuild indexes after running import.

ChipWV
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by ChipWV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 pm

The way I did it with my AC7 startup, was create an Access DB with temp tables for the new products. First manually create one or two products for each of your categories, manufacturers, etc.. Copy those products to a spreadsheet, then bring in the rest of your products to match the manually entered ones. Paste the spreadsheet data into the Access temp table(s) then write and update query to post the information to the remote SQL DB that hosts the AC Gold site.

BACKUP & TEST update query's can't be undone.

You should also take a look at www.jitterbit.com it is an open source (and paid version that is pricey!) database integration utility. It works from almost any source to almost any target. Works with: flat file, relational DB's, XML, edi, etc.. It is a project I have started, but not finished, to integrate our back end SQL database accounting system to AC7/Gold & Amazon or whatever else lies in the future. Please note: it won't connect to a MS SQL server from behind an MS ISA 2004 Firewall, that's why I'm not finished :-(

The user interface takes some getting used to, but if you understand relational databases, it's not insurmountable.

Good Luck!
Chip

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by AbleMods » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 am

Just set up a 7.0.7 demo store and use the 7.x Dataport to import your data. Then do a Gold upgrade on the 7.0.7 store.

Not ideal, but definitely would handle migrations until DataPort Gold is completed.
Joe Payne
AbleCommerce Custom Programming and Modules http://www.AbleMods.com/
AbleCommerce Hosting http://www.AbleModsHosting.com/
Precise Fishing and Hunting Time Tables http://www.Solunar.com

lquessenberry
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by lquessenberry » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 am

I have been told that Dataport will no longer be developed into Gold. I have been requested to use Data Exchange instead. At this time, I am still trying to firgure out a way to use data exchange in the same fashion that we used Dataport for. I am assuming that no one has ported Data Port over to fit with Gold at this point officially or unofficially. We have quite a bit of custom ConLibs on our R4 release and our support and hosting provider hasn't thoroughly tested R5 with their servers, so UPS worldship is not something we can work with at this time. We were able to use Dataport and the Dataport Client software to pull data and orders into Worldship but are no longer able to do that. It's unfortunate that Worldship Exports weren't in R4.

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:33 am

UPS Worldship import/export feature already released for Gold R5 (May, 2013). Please check this forum post:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=17365