Category Importing

The AbleCommerce data exchange is a useful feature for importing and updating data. The Data Exchange feature (just like the 7.0.x data port) is only supported via the forums or paid support.

*** BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THESE TOOLS ***
synergy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Category Importing

Post by synergy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello,
We've Created a script to populate the AC Categories table and so far it is working. All the fields are filled correctly and we can see all the categories and subcategories on Import's Page.
Unfortunately we can't see on the webpage ecommerce as well.
When we are creating new records through the categories page is working perfectly fine, it looks like we are missing something but we couldn't identify.
Does anyone had the same kind of problem ?
Cheers

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Category Importing

Post by jmestep » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 am

Are you making entries in the ac_CatalogNodes and ac_CategoryParents table? Those have to be populated also.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

synergy
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by synergy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 am

Hello jmestep...

YOU ARE AN ANGEL !!! :)

It's working !!!

Thank you and have a good day !!!!!

notsop
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by notsop » Fri May 15, 2015 7:36 am

Hello,

I'm trying to import an incredibly complex category structure and I'm able to populate catalogNode and ac_category table but the ac_categoryParents table is kicking my butt. I was looking in the api reference and it mentions a category.updateParent method that will assist in recreating this table however I'm not familiar on how to call this method in a script.Can someone point me in correct direction?
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Chandler

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu May 21, 2015 6:02 am

Are you trying to populate database records programmatically (using Asp.NET, C# etc.) or using some SQL script? it will help us answer your question if you post more details about your category structure and the way you want to populate.

notsop
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by notsop » Thu May 21, 2015 6:52 am

Hello Naveed,

I'm not populating the database records programmatically, I'm using a sql script to populate the ac_Categories and ac_CatalogNodes tables. I was just curious if there was an easier way of populating the ac_CategoryParents table based on what was in those two tables. I was able to successfully import those two tables and everything appears to be working without the CategoryParents populated, I was just asking becuase in the developers wiki, it mentioned a UpdateParent Method that I couldn't find listed in the gold help file. Anyway, I wasn't sure how I would run a programmatic script anyway because I've barely scratched the surface working with the code.

Thanks,

Chandler

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu May 21, 2015 8:33 am

Please check the following wiki article for explanation about the ac_CategoryParents table.

http://wiki.ablecommerce.com/index.php/ ... Categories

notsop
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by notsop » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks, Naveed.

I saw this page earlier but I was just trying to be lazy and was trying to figure out how to run Category.UpdateParent

Apparently, there is no updateParent Method in Gold. If there is I couldn't find it.

Thanks again