Strange new problem, different buttons on "payment" section

The AbleCommerce data exchange is a useful feature for importing and updating data. The Data Exchange feature (just like the 7.0.x data port) is only supported via the forums or paid support.

*** BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THESE TOOLS ***
foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Strange new problem, different buttons on "payment" section

Post by foodsleuth » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 am

Hello,
No idea what is going on. The last two orders I've received I have not received my usual email confirmation / copy of invoice. I checked email setup, all was proper there. I've been receiving orders for about 2 years now (just to comment I'm not new to Able). The next order got paid through Paypal, again no copy of the invoice sent to me. When I went to go ahead and capture the payment on the first order (paid w/ Mastercard) On the order screen for that customer right had side is the Payment Information. Typically there is a "capture" button there, but this time there were two buttons, one is marked "received" and the other capture. I hit the "received" then that button went away and I just see "capture". I click "capture" and the button does nothing.
I looked at the payment detail and it was blank. I went over to Authorize.net and there is no transaction in their system (open or closed) for that customer.
There is a paypal transaction for the customer that paid with paypal. But again, I have not received a copy of the order.

The ONLY thing that has changed in our system is that last week, I turned Paypal "on". Could something with that setup be causing a problem with regular payments?
I really need to get to the bottom of this. Hope I can get some help.

Thanks,
Barbara

foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Strange new problem, different buttons on "payment" section

Post by foodsleuth » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 am

Also I just tested an order with my own credit card. Again it did not create a transaction in Authorize.net. Something is pretty messed up. It has to do with the Paypal setup.

foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by foodsleuth » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:48 am

I looked into the payment methods, I reset each, MC, Visa, Amex to use "authorize". Did something I did when I added my Paypal gateway change my MC, Visa, AMex to use "paypal" as the gateway? I'm afraid to add Paypal back until I can figure out what I did. Thanks

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 pm

On Feb 8, Authorize.net had a 4 hour window where they refused connections from sites that did not have TLS1.2 enforced in order for merchants to test their settings in preparation for a permanent switch, so maybe that was the problem. There should be entries in your error log. We had a couple of sites report that. Orders had no payment information.
Here is some info on changes you make to the site to force TLS1.2 in addition to having it enabled on the server.
http://help.ablecommerce.com/#t=FAQs%2F ... LS_1.2.htm
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

foodsleuth
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by foodsleuth » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 am

Thanks but that is not related to the issue I had. There are no entires in my error log. My problem has to do with installation of PayPal. I think the way I set it up, MC VISA AND AMEX processor got changed from Authorize to PayPal. I’ll check out the link to make sure everything is set correctly for TLS1.2