Source for Payment Gateway Authorize.net

This forum is where we'll mirror posts that are of value to the community so they may be more easily found.
Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Source for Payment Gateway Authorize.net

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Hello All,

We've put together the source for authorize.net and confirmed it will build in VS 2005. This is for anyone wanting to add a gateway we don't yet support. Please post questions to this thread.

ftp://ftp.ablecommerce.com/evals/AuthorizeNet.zip
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Kevin
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by Kevin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:46 pm

got one for shipping gateway? Apparently that interface has changed too.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:06 pm

Hello Kevin,

We'd be happy to put one together next week for the gateway. Which one would you prefer?
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Kevin
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by Kevin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm just looking for any gateway that shows the new method specs and the xml format if you still use that. The UPS provider was pretty helpful last time but I just need see how the parms are coming in now.

tschonbachler
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

7.0 Procedures for adding a new gateway

Post by tschonbachler » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 am

Hi,

I have read the documentation for adding a new gateway in AbleCommerce 5.5. However, it appears these steps have changed with 7.0.

Here are my questions:

1. What is the process for adding a custom gateway to the Administrator screen in version 7.0?

2. What table needs to be updated and what fields in that table need to be updated?

3. Where does the custom class dll need to be located?

Thank you for your help.

Terry

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Re: 7.0 Procedures for adding a new gateway

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:13 am

tschonbachler wrote: 1. What is the process for adding a custom gateway to the Administrator screen in version 7.0?
For payment gateways, place the compiled assembly (DLL) into the "bin" folder of the installation. The administrator screen uses "reflection" to determine what classes implement the IPaymentProvider interface. So it does not need a record in a table to find your new gateway integration.
tschonbachler wrote: 2. What table needs to be updated and what fields in that table need to be updated?
If this is related to question #1, then the answer is none. If you are asking what table holds the configuration for a store (like merchant credentials and so forth) then the table is ac_PaymentGateways. The easiest way to work with the data in that field is through the use of the PaymentGateway.UpdateConfigData and PaymentGateway.ParseConfigData methods.
tschonbachler wrote: 3. Where does the custom class dll need to be located?
"bin" folder of the application.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

bobr2k
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Re: Source for Payment Gateway Authorize.net

Post by bobr2k » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:36 am

Shopping Cart Admin wrote:Hello All,

We've put together the source for authorize.net and confirmed it will build in VS 2005.

WILL this be part of the NEXT release?
Bob R.
"Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks." -- Steven Wright

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:17 am

bobr2k wrote: Does this mean we need to buy the source to use this (BUILD, etc.?)
No, this code is provided free of charge as an example to anyone interested in producing their own payment gateway for AbleCommerce. The compiled version of this code is already present in our application.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

gokhankaya
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Authorization, Capturing

Post by gokhankaya » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:40 am

Hi all,

Can anyone explain me these methods:

DoAuthorize, DoCapture, DoVoid

and these concepts related to the gateways:

Authorization, Capturing

Thanks

pcgutierrez
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by pcgutierrez » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:50 am

Hi guys,

I'd like to follow up on gokhankaya's questions. In addition, here are some of my own regarding the creation of custom payment gateways using the authorize.net template.

1. When are these functions called by the able commerce 7.0 web app? I need a narrative as to what these functions should do and when are they called:
public override Transaction DoAuthorize(AuthorizeTransactionRequest transactionRequest)
public override Transaction DoCapture(CaptureTransactionRequest captureRequest)
public override Transaction DoVoid(VoidTransactionRequest voidRequest)
public override Transaction DoRefund(RefundTransactionRequest refundRequest)

2. Based on the sample gateway codes posted at about5926.html, would it be possible for the developers to mark the line numbers that contain Authorize.NET-specific codes and can be safely replaced by SECPay-specific codes. This is to make sure that I don’t break any existing functionalities being done behind the scenes within custom classes and what not and to speed up determining the areas that needs to get changed.

3. Are all the public non-override properties, subs, and functions being used by Able Commerce 7.0 directly? If there are, which are they?

4. I’d like the codes posted at the URL above viewed using line-by-line debugging via VS.NET 2005 in order to give me an idea of the values coming from the Able Commerce site and the values the class is returning. How would you suggest it set up so I can do so?

5. Is it possible to install more than 1 custom payment gateway using sample authorize.net gateway’s methods? If so, is there a way to have the app use a payment gateway depending on “user rightsâ€

kird
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

shipping gateway source

Post by kird » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:16 am

Hello,
What about shipping gateway source?
Thank you!

arobinson@izilla
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by arobinson@izilla » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:25 pm

Thanks, this looks very useful.

I'm just going through it and retrofitting it to another gateway now.. I'm not entirely sure what the

Code: Select all

BuildDisplayForm
function is for; could you shed some light on this for me?

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:37 am

arobinson@izilla wrote:Thanks, this looks very useful.

I'm just going through it and retrofitting it to another gateway now.. I'm not entirely sure what the

BuildDisplayForm
From the merchant admin web site, you will add or edit the gateway settings. BuildConfigForm creates the web form that is used for this purpose.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 pm

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, here's the source to UPS. Enjoy!

viewtopic.php?p=27259
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

arobinson@izilla
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by arobinson@izilla » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Logan Rhodehamel wrote:
arobinson@izilla wrote:Thanks, this looks very useful.

BuildDisplayForm
From the merchant admin web site, you will add or edit the gateway settings. BuildConfigForm creates the web form that is used for this purpose.
Hi Logan,
There's another one there called BuildDisplayForm. It's not in the PaymentGateway interface, and it doesn't seem to be called from AuthorizeNet itself.. Is it used with reflection magic or anything?

Thanks

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:41 pm

I think BuildDisplayForm is no longer used. AuthorizeNet was probably the very first integration done for AC7, probably at a time when various ideas were being tested. I think the intent of this method was to give a read-only view of the settings. But as I mentioned, it does not appear to be used anywhere and so I would be tempted to say it should be removed from our master source.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

arobinson@izilla
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by arobinson@izilla » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:06 pm

I've noticed that the AuthorizeNet doesn't seem to use "Name on card" for Visa etc. I tried looking in AccountData etc for where I could find it, but found nothing.
On further inspection in CreditCardPaymentForm, it doesn't look like the "name on card" field is stored at all: only validated.

Is this an Able bug?

arobinson@izilla
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by arobinson@izilla » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Anyway, I just ended up adding a line like

instrumentBuilder["AccountName"] = CardName.Text;
in the GetPayment method of CreditCardPaymentForm. Seems to work now. :-)

mfreeze
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by mfreeze » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:15 am

Can you post the source for the 5.5 PaymenTech API? We need it to work on a 7.0 version for PaymenTech.

Thanks
Mary E Freeze

Freeze Frame Graphics
Web Hosting and Design, ASP and CFMX Development

http://www.ffgraphics.com

rdevarona
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by rdevarona » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Hello,

I am working with a payment processor that has an Authorize.net emulation mode. Here's an excerpt from their site (http://www.eprocessingnetwork.com/Utili ... IAGNOSTICS):
eProcessingNetwork also offers emulation of Authorize.Net TM. This makes it easy for developers who have already integrated Authorize.NetTM to utilize eProcessingNetwork Transaction Processing Services.

Typically all a developer has to do is change the URL they access from

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

to

https://www.eProcessingNetwork.Com/cgi-bin/an/order.pl

Pass in the merchants' eProcessingNetwork Account Number as the x_login. Additional details about the Authorize.NetTM emulator offered by eProcessingNetwork are available here.
I'd like to get this up and running, but I have the following questions:
1. I've found the URL to be replaced on line 1076 of AuthNetProvider.cs. There are a lot of mentions to Authorize.Net throughout this file. What other references should I switch to eProcessingNetwork so that I can create a new gateway?
2. I don't have VS2005, I only have Visual Web Developper 2008. Can I compile to .dll using VSWD?

Thanks for any help,

rdv

que0x
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by que0x » Thu May 29, 2008 5:37 am

Hi,
On the Sample Authorize.Net provider, the main class does not implement IPaymentProvider but inherits the base class PaymentProviderBase.

my questions are as follow :
  • does the base class PaymentProviderBase implements the IPaymentProvider interface so i don't need it to implement it again on my provider class ?
  • what is the last update of the methods required for the provider to work properly ?
Thanks !

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 am

does the base class PaymentProviderBase implements the IPaymentProvider interface
Yes
what is the last update of the methods required for the provider to work properly?
Pardon me. Can't understand your question.

que0x
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by que0x » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks for replying back.
I got the API documentation from this post viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5511.

as i read, i only need to implement the interface and inheriting from the Base class is not required ?

sohaib
Developer
Developer

Post by sohaib » Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 am

Yes it is not required but if you inherit from the base class it will make things easier for you.

Mike718NY
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)

Post by Mike718NY » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 am

This is for anyone wanting to add a gateway we don't yet support.
The person I'm building the site for want to use:

Federated Payment Systems Payment Gateway http://www.federatedpayments.com

Can I add this gateway? If so, how do I do it?