12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: 4/29 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility Beta .17

Post by Naveed » Wed May 28, 2008 2:41 am

jmestep wrote:Naveed, I did an export/import of the same file with my test store and I've emailed you the results of things that changed.
I am checking the files you have emailed me, Here are the categories which were added after the reimport ( as you mentioned in email)..

Team & Store
Hoppers & QLoaders
Keychains & Lanyards
Lights & Rails
Rails & Carry Handles
Cocking & Power Tubes
Battery Doors & Plates
Covers & Bands
QLoaders & Shell Catchers
Rails & Mounts
QLoaders & Cyclone Mods
Tools & Maintenance
Parts & Accessories (Options)

In the CSV data you sent to me all these categories are there in it. However these are associated with products having multiple categories...

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

records not importing using .csf format

Post by mkeith1 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:11 pm

I'm trying to import records using the .csv format and i've included the two files which are the data file and the associated error file which returned when the items didn't import. Could someone tell me why these records didn't import.

nevermind, problem solved
Last edited by mkeith1 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdpatterson74
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by jdpatterson74 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:37 am

Hello, I am joshua....

I was told this utility can only import changes to existing products?

But the description says...
"3. Download Products, Categories, Users and Order in CSV or XML format.
4. Upload Products, Categories, Users and Orders in CSV or XML format."

I am confused....I exported a table to my excel and when I tried to import it back (without any changes) it said the table had denormalized data.

I am having a very hard time (about two weeks now) finding the method for importing data.

Help please!

Joshua

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm

It can import new products also. I'm not sure why you are getting the error, but have you checked the structure of your file against the database structure? For example, product options/variants are not in the ac_products table so you would get an error. Or you have to have categories defined before you import the products.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

relish27
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by relish27 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:53 pm

hello, i'm just getting starting and having some issues. i have 7.0 installed and just found this dataclient utility and would like to use it to import data.

however, i'm having two issues.

1. when i run the dataport and try to connect, i get the following error:

"Invalid response from the server. Unknown Error."

2. when I try to access the http://www.mystore.com/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx page, I get an XML page that says

<ACAuthenticationResponse>

<Log>
<Message>Invalid or empty request.</Message>

<Error>
<Code>1</Code>
</Error>
</Log>
</ACAuthenticationResponse>

any ideas?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Are you trying to access a site that is on a shared server? There was a bug in the utility for that and Able has fixed it, but they haven't released the fixed version of the utility yet.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

jrobgood
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by jrobgood » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi all:

It feels like this discussion thread is heavily skewed towards catalog product data i/o but there's been little discussion around operations and logistics data transfer.

Specifically, I am still looking for an AC-approved method for extracting fulfillment and sales data, and posting back disposition data where appropriate (e.g.: order shipment status and tracking number)

Does anyone have any major insights in that department?

Thanks!

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:49 pm

In the process of doing a sub category download using data client .17 i get an error message when i try a .xml or .csv
the error says:

Authentication failed. An unknown error occured while processing request. Exception Message: The text, ntext, or immage data type cannot be selected as DISTINCT. at CommerceBuild.DataClient.Api,ACRequestHandler.ProcessReauest(Strin requestXml) at ClientApiService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context).

I get this a lot when i try to do subcategory download. If I do a category download and select to include sub categories, i can download without any problems. (then i have to locate the items in the subcategory and copy and paste them into a new .csv file to load. )

What's causing this error?

Will
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by Will » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:07 am

jrobgood -- I've had the same issue. From what I can tell, Able is focusing right now on the store catalog import/export. Haven't heard anything about their plans for supporting day-to-day operations.

jrobgood
Lieutenant (LT)
Lieutenant (LT)

Post by jrobgood » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 am

Will wrote:jrobgood -- I've had the same issue. From what I can tell, Able is focusing right now on the store catalog import/export. Haven't heard anything about their plans for supporting day-to-day operations.
I would think that operations trumps migration on a development roadmap. But that's just one user's perspective. We all have our opinions, they're just like... well you know the saying.

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:23 am

I have a number of products which imported into the root category. (Don't know how they got there, but i cant move them in mass. I can't forward any one product to a new category, as i get an error message when i try to select a new category to move them to. The only way i've found to move them is to up each one individually and reassign it to a new category. how can i move all products to a new category?

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Re: records not importing using .csf format

Post by Naveed » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:12 am

mkeith1 wrote:I'm trying to import records using the .csv format and i've included the two files which are the data file and the associated error file which returned when the items didn't import. Could someone tell me why these records didn't import.
The error messages logged in the attached file are due to failed products to import. All these products are failed to import due to a SQL error. And this is happening due to a fact that AC7 did not allow product names with length greater then 200 or so. While in AC55 there was possible to have respectively longer product names....

This is one of the known issues, A quick fix for this issue is that edit the product table definition and change the lenght of "Name" field to "nvarchar(255)".

Another fix, that you can do is to shorter the name of products which are longer then the respective database column length...

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 am

mkeith1 wrote:I have a number of products which imported into the root category. (Don't know how they got there, but i cant move them in mass. I can't forward any one product to a new category, as i get an error message when i try to select a new category to move them to. The only way i've found to move them is to up each one individually and reassign it to a new category. how can i move all products to a new category?
I am afraid that there is no simple way to move products in mass... But If you have access to the database you can do this by a simple SQL Update query...

Something like:

Code: Select all

UPDATE ac_CatalogNodes SET CategoryId  = 3 
WHERE CategoryId = 0 AND CatalogNodeTypeId = 1
This will move all products at root to under a category with ID = 3.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 am

Is there any way we can get .xsd files for the xml downloads? Some of us are trying to set up a way to get the options into a format to import and are using an external source for the data. I've seen utilities to generate an .xsd from .xml, but I hate to put one more piece of software on my computer. I know there is xsd.exe, but if we could get the .xsd straight from Able it would be great.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 am

jdpatterson74 wrote: I was told this utility can only import changes to existing products?

But the description says...
"3. Download Products, Categories, Users and Order in CSV or XML format.
4. Upload Products, Categories, Users and Orders in CSV or XML format."
Yes the DataPort utility tool can be used for :

1. Download your entire store as an XML package.
2. Upload your entire store as an XML package.
3. Download Products, Categories, Users and Order in CSV or XML format.
4. Upload Products, Categories, Users and Orders in CSV or XML format.
5. Create templates to map CSV data from other sources to the AbleCommerce fields and save the template for later.
6. Upload AbleCommerce 5.5 XML data to AbleCommerce 7.0

And much more...
jdpatterson74 wrote: I am confused....I exported a table to my excel and when I tried to import it back (without any changes) it said the table had denormalized data.
Please verify that how you have exported data to excel? Using the the DataPort? and How you are importing it back? can you please post the exact error message if you are using the DataPort for import and export....

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:48 am

jmestep wrote:Is there any way we can get .xsd files for the xml downloads? .
Currently as the DataPort utility is subject to changes and thats why we can not release .xsd. May be at some later stage when DataPort is more stable...

Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)

Post by Naveed » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:42 am

relish27 wrote: i'm having two issues.

1. when i run the dataport and try to connect, i get the following error:

"Invalid response from the server. Unknown Error."
Are you still getting this error, if yes then please verify:

1. Your website is not hosted at a shared server? If it is hosted at a shared server the fix will be released with next build of DataPort.

2. If it is not hosted at a shared server then please PM me your website store url and user admin name.. So that I can myself see any problems there.
relish27 wrote: when I try to access the http://www.mystore.com/ClientApi/ClientApiService.ashx page, I get an XML page that says

<ACAuthenticationResponse>
It is the normal expected result when you will try to browse the service page using a browser..

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:23 pm

mkeith1 wrote:
I have a number of products which imported into the root category. (Don't know how they got there, but i cant move them in mass. I can't forward any one product to a new category, as i get an error message when i try to select a new category to move them to. The only way i've found to move them is to up each one individually and reassign it to a new category. how can i move all products to a new category?
I am afraid that there is no simple way to move products in mass... But If you have access to the database you can do this by a simple SQL Update query...

Something like:

Code:
UPDATE ac_CatalogNodes SET CategoryId = 3
WHERE CategoryId = 0 AND CatalogNodeTypeId = 1

This will move all products at root to under a category with ID = 3.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Re: 6/13 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility Beta .19

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Hello All,

New build of the data port utility has been uploaded to the ftp site, see the first post for information. This build contains fix for shared hosting server connectivity bug and many other enhancements and bug fixes.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

hyper1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Data Tool Not An Option, Unable ot Export AC 5.5 Data

Post by hyper1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:09 pm

I would like to use the tool to import our AC 5.5 store to AC 7.0. I believe the process would be to start by downloading the existing store from AC5.5 in xml format using the admin>setup>data transfer>export data. When we attempt the export process the page always times out before it completes. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in AC 5.5 or is there a server setting that needs to be temporarily changed to allow the download to occur? A response that works would be so appreciated.

Thanks

NC Software
AbleCommerce Partner
AbleCommerce Partner

Post by NC Software » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:05 am

Try adding this to your web.config inside the <system.web> section:

Code: Select all

<!--30 MB and 1 HOUR for limits-->
      <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="30720" executionTimeout="3600"/>
Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.

hyper1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by hyper1 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Thank you Neal. I will post back with the results.

creativespark
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by creativespark » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 am

Hello , This is Umesh from Wicked Overstock : http://216.139.233.185

We have downloaded the beta 19 client and updated the 2 files in ClientApi and Bin folder. Now what ?
When i open the page in browser i.e the Ashx one i get this message ? Am i missing something, is this page not to be opened in browser or what ? Please help.. we have lots of products to upload.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <ACAuthenticationResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
- <Log>
- <Error>
<Code>1</Code>
</Error>
</Log>

regards
Umesh Sethi
Wicked Overstock Dev. Team
Sam Sethi
Website Developer
http://www.ecommerceoffshorebycss.com
Free tips and ecommerce guidance : http://www.ecommerceoffshorebycss.com/guidetoecommerce/

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:53 am

Are you running the program from Start-->Programs-->Ablecommerce-->Dataport after installing it on your computer? Have you put the right settings in for the connection? The .ashx page isn't supposed to be viewed- it just does some of the work.
DataPort.gif
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209

mkeith1
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by mkeith1 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:52 am

I'm trying to export a category using customized download with a selected category so i can change the category names of the products and reload them to a different category . (Doesn't matter if i export in .XML or .CSV, the error below is the same:

Application Error:
Authentication Failed. An unknow error occured while processing request. Exception Message: The text, ntext or image data type cannot be selected as DISTINCT.
at CommerceBuilder.DataClient.Api.ACRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(String requestXml)
at Client APIService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Invalid Response From Server.

What's happening?

Also, is it possible to move just the products in a category, (like in version 5.5) and not the whole category with the products. Doing this just puts the sub category under the category you move it to.