New facebook Open Graph Feature

Store UI, layout, design, look and feel; Discussion on the customer facing pages of your online store. Cascading Style Sheets, Themes, Scriptlets, NVelocity and the components in the ConLib directory.
meer2005
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Re: New facebook Open Graph Feature

Post by meer2005 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:57 am

I think you need to put the numerical ID of a standard facebook page, not one that is considered a "pages." If you have a personal facebook account, try putting the numerical ID for that account and see if that works for you. If so, you may need to create a facebook standard page for your company and just use it for this purpose. You can see here that your page is one of the pages: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-Superstore/189181476984 ---

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by dappy2 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

meer2005 wrote:I think you need to put the numerical ID of a standard facebook page, not one that is considered a "pages." If you have a personal facebook account, try putting the numerical ID for that account and see if that works for you. If so, you may need to create a facebook standard page for your company and just use it for this purpose. You can see here that your page is one of the pages: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-Superstore/189181476984 ---

Actually I tried that too and it doesn't work. Does the meta need to change when using the numerical ID?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 am

I just updated the control source to support one more property AppId which can be used to pass your application id. See the download comment on previous page for details. Give it a try passing your numeric id see if it works for you.

dappy2
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by dappy2 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:51 pm

I should probably say I got this working. However I switched to using the facebook Javascript SDK which is much nicer and easier to work with - and probably what they are migrating to. I had already changed the meta to be app_id and it wasn't working on my live website still.

Instead of loading the iframe I changed it to this:

Code: Select all

string frame = "<fb:like show_faces=\"no\" width=\"300\" font=\"Helvetica\"></fb:like>";
LiteralControl literal = new LiteralControl(string.Format(frame, HttpUtility.UrlEncode(GetAbsoluteUrl(_Product.NavigateUrl))));
All you really need once its implemented is <fb:like></fb:like>, the "show_faces=\"no\" width=\"300\" font=\"Helvetica\" is just what I used for custom settings.

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ref ... ugins/like

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:33 am

Hello,

I am trying to implement this today. I just saw it on a major site and came to the forums to see if anyone had done it yet. :)
Do we need to do this step below still? And if so, what do we enter for the URL field?
mazhar wrote:You need to perform one extra step to make this work. On Facebook navigate to this location Home › Documentation › Social plugins › Like Button. Provide informatoin for LikeButton and then press Get Code button to get the iframe based code of LikeButton. Copy the code and past it into ConLib/Custom/FacebookOpenGraph.ascx file just after the </script>

<script runat="server">
</script>
<!------ Paste LikeButton Code Here  ---------->
Save it. Now give it a try by including it to product page scriptlet.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by mazhar » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 am

No you don't need to do this step. Simply download the file from here download/file.php?id=1179 and use it.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi!

What I have found is after clicking on the Like button then going to my personal facebook page I see where it says I like the product but upon hovering over the link the picture shows up as a "?" (no image)

Also, when I click on my Info tab and view the pages I "Like" and find the product I added hovering over that will also just show a "?"
I am using ImageType="T" because I don't use Icons. I also went into the file and changed
private string _ImageType = "I"; to
private string _ImageType = "T"; but that didn't help.

Also I notice if someone Likes a page it actually creates a Facebook page for that product. Is that the idea? I just thought it posted links on their walls.
I had a friend Like a page to test it for me. When I went to my website to check it out it showed a "Admin Page" link. When I clicked on that it took me to the page on Facebook. There are also no images showing up on those pages created on Facebook, just a question mark.

Has anyone verified their product images are showing up?

Thank you!
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I was looking at this website and noticed I really like the facebook layout here better: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... =H450-8210

It is the same way on buy.com

Is there a different option to imlement this instead of just the button that says "Like" with a number next to it? The button, facebook logo, and text all appear to be part of the function.

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Yes, you just need to go in and edit the file that Mazhar provided and towards the bottom look for a line that starts with "string frame" change layout=button_count to layout=standard and that will take care of it.

Are your product images showing up? Mine just show a ?
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

igavemybest
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by igavemybest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Ok, cool. Thanks!

aaronfrankel
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)
Lieutenant, Jr. Grade (LT JG)

Post by aaronfrankel » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Ok, what am I missing here. I am having the same problem a couple of people mentioned. I click on the like button, it says 1 for a second, then it reverts back to original.

I have this in place:

[[ConLib:Custom/FacebookOpenGraph FacebookId="115059000457"]]
I have the FacebookOpenGraph.ascx file downloaded and in the ConLib / Custom folder. I have not edited the FacebookOpenGraph.ascx in any way. Is there something I am supposed to be doing to it?
Last edited by aaronfrankel on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrfxDan
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Post by GrfxDan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm getting ready to implement this myself and it appears that the problem Aaron is describing has never been addressed, though it has been raised more than once in this thread. Has anyone been able to get this working correctly? It would be nice to know if it isn't going to work right before I spend time on it...

draneb
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by draneb » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:17 pm

I, personally, ended up having to create an appID and use that number instead of a facebookID. I just couldn't get it to work with a facebookID but after creating an appID and using it everything worked great.
AC 7.0.3 build 13937

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am

I couldn't get it to work until I did as draneb advised- set up an application in the facebook account and used that id, with appropriate tweak to the code.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

combra

Post by combra » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 pm

draneb wrote: Also I notice if someone Likes a page it actually creates a Facebook page for that product. Is that the idea? I just thought it posted links on their walls.
I had a friend Like a page to test it for me. When I went to my website to check it out it showed a "Admin Page" link. When I clicked on that it took me to the page on Facebook. There are also no images showing up on those pages created on Facebook, just a question mark.
I've noticed that it creates a facebook page for each product as well. To confirm, does anyone know if this is what this feature is suppose to do?

-Brandon
AC 7.0.7 build 14600

crazyjoe
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by crazyjoe » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 am

I am still having no luck with this. I tried using appID and facebookID nothing gets shows up on Facebook when I click the LIKE button.
Crazy Joe Sadloski
Webmaster
Hot Leathers Inc.
http://www.hotleathers.com

GrfxDan

Post by GrfxDan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:37 am

Joe, where on Facebook are you looking? Your 'likes' don't appear in your stream, only on your friends' stream and on your wall (very small one-liner). If you click the 'Like' button and it changes on the product page to show that you like it (and doesn't dissappear) then it's working fine. I was able to successfully implement this myself last week and it works okay. I did have to create an AppID and use that. It does not work with a Facebook ID.

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:25 am

The straight-forward and easiest way to use Facebook Like and Open Graph is to use the free Facebook Like plugin by Plugables.

crazyjoe
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by crazyjoe » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks plugables worked perfect! Thank you so much, you guys are great!
Crazy Joe Sadloski
Webmaster
Hot Leathers Inc.
http://www.hotleathers.com

plugables
Captain (CAPT)
Captain (CAPT)

Post by plugables » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:52 am

Thanks crazyjoe for the compliments.
You may want to have a look at other free plugins as well. http://www.plugables.com/FreeDownloads.aspx