Error in Order Manager Since Upgrading

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
SamsSteins
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Error in Order Manager Since Upgrading

Post by SamsSteins » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 am

I am using AbleCommerce 7.0.7 build 14481. Randomly, it seems, I get the following error, when trying to click on the Order Manager or Orders tab. When I go to the dashboard and click on "Shipment Pending" or "In Process" I am able to access the order manager without a problem. I receive this error after using Order Manager for awhile, so I am not sure what is causing it.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'ac_Orders' because it is not full-text indexed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'ac_Orders' because it is not full-text indexed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'ac_Orders' because it is not full-text indexed.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
CommerceBuilder.Data.Database.a(DbCommand A_0, CommandBehavior A_1) +92
CommerceBuilder.Data.Database.ExecuteReader(DbCommand command) +100
CommerceBuilder.Search.OrderFilter.Load(Int32 maximumRows, Int32 startRowIndex, String sortExpression) +142
CommerceBuilder.Search.OrderFilterDataSource.Load(OrderFilter filter, Int32 maximumRows, Int32 startRowIndex, String sortExpression) +15

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +0
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +71
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +261
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +29
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.InvokeMethod(ObjectDataSourceMethod method, Boolean disposeInstance, Object& instance) +488
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1247
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +19
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +142
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +73
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +72
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Re: Error in Order Manager Since Upgrading

Post by jmestep » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:10 am

Try rebuilding your full text search index. Maybe Able added tables/fields to that and they aren't indexed yet. If that doesn't work, try toggling full text search on and off. I got that error once when a client set up a dev site using their live site database and the database server they were using didn't have full text search turned on.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

SamsSteins

Post by SamsSteins » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:48 am

Thank you, I will give that a shot.

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:31 pm

jmestep wrote:If that doesn't work, try toggling full text search on and off.
I would like to know if this fixes the problem. Turning off FTS will remove the existing indexes. Turning FTS back on will recreate them. It should also at that time create the index that is missing from the ac_Orders table.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 am

Logan, I think it did work for me, but I'm not sure. I worked with three different FTS problems and I think it did work for the one where it was an upgrade, but the database was the same. I know that when I had to create a custom webpage FTS search, I had to put code on the store settings page to build the index for it also, because I did see that turning FTS off did delete the index. I just don't have a site ready to upgrade now to test it on.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

Logan Rhodehamel
Developer
Developer

Post by Logan Rhodehamel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 am

Another person reported that this solved the problem... we will document as a workaround until we fix the upgrade to recreate the proper indexes. Turning FTS off and on again is a manual way of forcing the indexes to be recreated.
Cheers,
Logan
Image.com

If I do not respond to an unsolicited private message, it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's because the answer to your question is valuable to others. Try the new topic button.

SamsSteins

Post by SamsSteins » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 am

Toggling the FTS off and on worked for me, so far.

AbleMods
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Post by AbleMods » Tue May 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Had same problem today in a client system. Toggling FTS worked on their site as well.
Joe Payne
AbleCommerce Custom Programming and Modules http://www.AbleMods.com/
AbleCommerce Hosting http://www.AbleModsHosting.com/
Precise Fishing and Hunting Time Tables http://www.Solunar.com