Paypal Commercial Address

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce 7.0 Asp.Net product.
SamsSteins
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Paypal Commercial Address

Post by SamsSteins » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm

When a customer pays via paypal the shipping rates that are returned are for a commercial address even if the address is residential? Is there some work around for this?

mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda

Re: Paypal Commercial Address

Post by mazhar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:51 am

What is your AbleCommerce version?

jmestep
AbleCommerce Angel

Post by jmestep » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 am

We ran into that with a site that was 7.0.2 or 7.0.3 - I don't remember which. Logan said that if the address had something in the company field, it was sent as commercial to Paypal. I can't remember if that was always the case, but I did put code on the basket page to set the address to residential before it was sent to Paypal. I had to do it there because with expresscheckout, the customer in Able could still be anonymous to Able at that point.
Judy Estep
Web Developer
jestep@web2market.com
http://www.web2market.com
708-653-3100 x209
New search report plugin for business intelligence:
http://www.web2market.com/Search-Report ... -P154.aspx

SamsSteins

Post by SamsSteins » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:08 am

My version is: AbleCommerce 7.0.4 build 13424. There is no information in the company field, it is a standard address. I have looked over orders and I do not think one of my paypal orders has ever come through as residential, all commercial.

SamsSteins

Post by SamsSteins » Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am

I was wondering if this issue will ever be addressed? Paypal is still giving all shipping charges as commercial, whether the address is commercial or residential. For example, the packaged I just processed has a $2.66 difference, between residential and commercial. We try to be very fair in our shipping charges and I do not wish to punish a customer not using Paypal with handling charges to cover the discrepancy.

batmike
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by batmike » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 am

I agree that this needs to be looked into. We have been using PayPal for quite a while now and it is a great payment option for our customers but giving them a couple dollars off just for using PayPal (though nice), isn't really something we'd like to continue doing :)

Any headway on this issue would be great.

SamsSteins

Post by SamsSteins » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am

Will this be addressed at any point? I do not want to face a Christmas season with giving every PayPal customer at least a two dollar discount.

batmike
Commander (CMDR)
Commander (CMDR)

Post by batmike » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Has this been looked into at all? At this point we're still getting back commercial addresses from our PayPal transactions. This is also a problem because we get much better rate discounts from FedEx when using their Home Delivery method so we'd really like to get this figured out sooner ...

Let us know if anything has been discovered around this issue.

Thanks,
Mike

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:03 pm

I can confirm this bug as well. We just started offering PayPal about 3 weeks ago, and all of a sudden we're seeing "commercial" is the address type, but only on PayPal orders. I really don't want to be eating $250-$350 a month on underestimated shipping, because of a bug in AC software. We are running VERSION: 7.0.6.14312

Thanks,
Chip
www.ovisonline.com