Page Title with store name

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
ChipWV
Lieutenant Commander (LCDR)

Page Title with store name

Post by ChipWV » Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 am

I need to check on my store name and why the wrong information is showing up on Google. When I search google for site:ovisonline.com I get listings with page titles like "About OVIS - ovis online" that is not what in the page source for the page title. Where is it getting "ovis online" ? my store name in the store name field is "OVIS" all caps, always has been. I know AC appends the store name but that should be "Title blah blah - OVIS" Where can I check this name injection in the code, I assumed it would be in the base master, but no.

Thanks,
Chip

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Page Title with store name

Post by compunerdy » Wed May 31, 2017 10:17 am

The one that says the about ovis is because it is a link to the AboutUs page.

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 am

Hello Chip,

The Page Title is a field available in AbleCommerce. You should be able to edit it for all Webpages, Categories, and Products, along with other SEO specific fields. The Batch edit feature can help you find and edit these fields the fastest - unless you have more than 500 products, then I would consider using the data update feature instead.

If I have misunderstood your question, then please ask again.

Thanks
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

ChipWV

Post by ChipWV » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:00 am

Hi Katie,

I've been using the title tag functions in AC for a long time, and even customized them in AC7.
I'm just making sure my developer didn't hard code in the storename code wrong, or some other odd . He may have had it wrong in the DB shortly after launch, I have vague recollection of fixing it. but I thought Google would have updated it by now, been about 2 months. It just seems odd the the title tag on the page source doesn't show the store name, in my case " - OVIS". That's why I was asking which file that code was in.

Thanks,
Chip